Become a Patron!

I think I need new tank

Hello!
So, recently I felt that the taste of juiced are dropping in my box (Im using kangertech topbox mini and OCC 0.5ohm replacement coil), and I wana ask your opinion- should I consider changing the tank(If yes , recommend to which one, since I prefer good taste and clouds), or something else I have to do?

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Frankly, the NC and Clapton 0.5Ω coils aren't really that good. The SS316L 0.5Ω coils are great, but the only ones I've been able to get are included in the kits. I don't know why. Perhaps the vendors are confused, or Kanger's not running them, I don't know.

I use two Topbox Minis as my daily carries with my ADVs and where they really shine (besides with the SS316Ls) is with the Ni200 coils. You can really put a lot of juice through them with little to no flavor degradation (depending on flavor ingredients of course). For MaddCatt's Choc de Menthe, I was able to put 360ml through a single coil before it become so saturated and laden that it started leaking a tiny bit into the base. I have 300ml of Lime Cola from Scope through another coil so far with just a tiny bit of degradation.

So, if you haven't tried the Ni200 coils yet, I would, same price, and most places will sell singles. LightningVapes currently has a sale going on. Their normal price is $13.45 for a 5 pack of SSOCC, which is the cheapest I've seen, but they also have 30% off for labor day.

https://www.lightningvapes.com/products/kanger-ssocc-coil-heads-5-pack?variant=17190538821

Coupon is: labor30

Thanks for a reply! really informative! To bad the shipping to EU will cost me like 35$ :DD so I'll order them somewhere else ^^

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
well what you are experiencing is normal and can be caused by at least 2 thinsg or a combination of both
1. vapers tongue which is a phenomena of not being able to taste your vape cuz you use it so much. this varies for everyone, some can never experience this, some can experience it every other day
2. prebuilt coils- well all coils and wicking eventually lose flavor. when i used prebuilt coils on my tanks i could go 2-3 weeks before I noticed, but others notice in 4-7 days. its different for everyone and every coil. you can switch coils but then you can get a bad coil. tehse premade coils are cheaply and quickly produced and QC sucks on them all. some are better then others.

so first thing is change your coil. see if that helps

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
well what you are experiencing is normal and can be caused by at least 2 thinsg or a combination of both
1. vapers tongue which is a phenomena of not being able to taste your vape cuz you use it so much. this varies for everyone, some can never experience this, some can experience it every other day
2. prebuilt coils- well all coils and wicking eventually lose flavor. when i used prebuilt coils on my tanks i could go 2-3 weeks before I noticed, but others notice in 4-7 days. its different for everyone and every coil. you can switch coils but then you can get a bad coil. tehse premade coils are cheaply and quickly produced and QC sucks on them all. some are better then others.

so first thing is change your coil. see if that helps
for vapors tongue drink a lot of water and/or vape a menthol flavor. it'll help bring back the flavor of your juices

Scribb|e

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Have you changed your coil head at all since you started vaping on that thing?

VU Sponsors