Become a Patron!

If sub-ohming in VW, do Volts matter?

kirr45

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I was watching a few youtube videos about how high voltage causes some chemicals to be given off. I noticed my 0.4 ohm coil, which i use at around 60-80W has a variable voltage and sometimes goes up to 5.7 or 5.8V. Is this safe? I used to read about 3.7V and up to 4V as being the safe limit. Anything to worry about?

CactusFanaticus

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Perfectly fine and acceptable power level for that coil. On a VW mod you just set the wattage where you feel is the best vape and the mod adjusts the voltage according to Watt’s law, Some chips like the DNA 75c can go as high as 9 volts on a single battery for much higher ohm builds.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
also you have to understand that on a VW mod it is not the battery outputting that 5V or anything else. The battery is providing whatever voltage it has, then the mod uses the regulator chip to buck or boost the voltage it receives form the battery to whatever voltage it requires to obtain the wattage you have set

kirr45

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm not worried about the battery safety. I'm worried about the fact that they say higher voltages release toxic fumes

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you were to heat up enough to release toxic fumes the cotton would be on fire and the wire would be melting. Don't get sucked up into the Big Pharma funded skewed debunked studies.
7wK7HjV.jpg

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm not worried about the battery safety. I'm worried about the fact that they say higher voltages release toxic fumes

If you are not getting dry hits, your fine.

Besides, it's not voltages or watts that cause such problems. It's too much heat, regardless of voltage.. You'll know if you get too much heat, your vape will taste like burnt ass(dry hit).

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's amusing folks worry about Fumes and other nonsense - but walk and live in cities.. Commute.. Get "dry cleaning" and other non-smoking tasks..

After smoking, everything is a minimal risk.. Well, except megaplexes and traffic - the former need to be nuked into slag ;-P

kirr45

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Lol yeah that's true too. I've just started becoming curious about the flavorings. "Food grade flavorings." It just hit me that they're meant as ingredients in food and not supposed to be inhaled. Although technically food grade can also mean the purity and quality of the flavoring. So I'm confused on that as well.

VU Sponsors