Become a Patron!

If Vaping Causes Smoking, Why Are Cigarettes Less Popular Than Ever With Teenagers?

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hmm non offensive to sweet smelling vapor..
Or smelling like a filthy bastard who is rolling in burning shit, and gives you cancer and makes your shit yellow and grungy.

Hmm not like that is all that tough as a choice and would have been vaping instead of smoking if it was around when I picked it up.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I saw this comment:

LAHayze 11 hours ago

You’re use of statistics is simply wrong. A population measure can be low, and the current trend can also be negative, while a subset experiences an increase. The subset, teens that vape, simply needs to be smaller than the group driving the downward trend, adults who quit/DIE. We know that death due to smoking related illness is a primary reason that the tobacco industry must always find new customers. Let’s also be clear: vaping that the CDC is talking about contains nicotine, a tobacco product. Most people don’t vape for the experience of inhaling flowers, they do so for nicotine. While vaping is certainly less harmful to all than burning tar and inhaling it, it’s still not something that you should want everyone to be doing because it is absolutely contrary to good health. In summary: you’re wrong, so wrong that it makes me seriously question your motive and morals, but ultimately I don’t care what drives, or pays, you since you’re unconvincing anyway

And replied with this:

"Let’s also be clear: vaping that the CDC is talking about contains nicotine"
Actually NO Vaping that the CDC is talking about contains nicotine only 20% of the time.
If you look at the graph that the story links to you will see that 60% of the teens polled are using ZERO nicotine eliquid
So YES, most teens seem to be vaping for the experience of inhaling flavors:
https://d14rmgtrwzf5a.cloudfront.net/sites/default/files/substance-vaporized-e-cig-used-2015.jpg

Here is the graph and feel free to leave you own comments as well - 5150

substance-vaporized-e-cig-used-2015.jpg

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I saw this comment:

LAHayze 11 hours ago

You’re use of statistics is simply wrong. A population measure can be low, and the current trend can also be negative, while a subset experiences an increase. The subset, teens that vape, simply needs to be smaller than the group driving the downward trend, adults who quit/DIE. We know that death due to smoking related illness is a primary reason that the tobacco industry must always find new customers. Let’s also be clear: vaping that the CDC is talking about contains nicotine, a tobacco product. Most people don’t vape for the experience of inhaling flowers, they do so for nicotine. While vaping is certainly less harmful to all than burning tar and inhaling it, it’s still not something that you should want everyone to be doing because it is absolutely contrary to good health. In summary: you’re wrong, so wrong that it makes me seriously question your motive and morals, but ultimately I don’t care what drives, or pays, you since you’re unconvincing anyway

And replied with this:

"Let’s also be clear: vaping that the CDC is talking about contains nicotine"
Actually NO Vaping that the CDC is talking about contains nicotine only 20% of the time.
If you look at the graph that the story links to you will see that 60% of the teens polled are using ZERO nicotine eliquid
So YES, most teens seem to be vaping for the experience of inhaling flavors:
https://d14rmgtrwzf5a.cloudfront.net/sites/default/files/substance-vaporized-e-cig-used-2015.jpg

Here is the graph and feel free to leave you own comments as well - 5150

View attachment 54347
Hmm who has the **** that vapes worth a shit these kids are spending a ton of money for?

VU Sponsors