Become a Patron!

Ignore options.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Would be great for those here who get trolled if along with ignore there was Hide option. So not only do they not see the offending person, that person (the troll) cant see their posts either. You can ignore partially as I see, but they can still troll with lols and the likes which show up in alerts or responses in the emojis.
Also that way it utterly imobilises any effort they wish to make. Totally de-arms them.
Why let the trolls here have any options at all to do what they do!?

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You have to just let them post whatever they want. You can't see him anymore so don't worry about him. It gets to be like middle school if it gets to a point where we're like "I blocked him but he's still talking about me." and with the person you're speaking of. The more you tag him the more he will respond. I saw you tag him to tell him he's blocked. Hell just respond and piss you off enough to respond ack to him. That's what he does. Just leave it at the enjoyment you dont have to see his posts. And if you really need to, take a walk about and go kick a dingo, cuz they will eat your baby. ?

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
You have to just let them post whatever they want. You can't see him anymore so don't worry about him. It gets to be like middle school if it gets to a point where we're like "I blocked him but he's still talking about me." and with the person you're speaking of. The more you tag him the more he will respond. I saw you tag him to tell him he's blocked. Hell just respond and piss you off enough to respond ack to him. That's what he does. Just leave it at the enjoyment you dont have to see his posts. And if you really need to, take a walk about and go kick a dingo, cuz they will eat your baby. ?
No, not about me iv been around I can tell you. Im not thinking like a little school kid!
Sheesh, a troll doesn't ruin my day. And no, dingos eating babies is no joke because one actually did, imagine the poor baby being dragged off and killed then eaten. I hear that joke often and it aint funny. Like it if it was your child? Im at a loss why people think its funny to be honest. I know the bush like its my backyard, actually it is and to me its like joking about murder and other hoffific things. Guess my race, old school respect is a dying race huh!
Im talking about what I see happen here with many others and just threw it out there as an option. (Like i hit the ignore and just as a thought i thought "hey that'd be a good option too, ill share the idea. It wasn't a boo hoo like you had fun making me out to be doing)
I was thinking outside the box, multi directional and as there is a section for ideas I thought id add and share. But no, I get rudiculed like im a kid at school then get the dead baby joke thrown at me by you. Seriously who finds babies dying, killed and eaten by a wild dog funny!?
I see you got a lol for your response, awesome. Bravo.
I find it amusing how people misconstrue kindness and thoughtfulness as a sign of weakness and immaturity. I used to as a kid see it that way but not as an adult. Its to me a sign of respect for others to be that way, a sign of maturity.

Last edited:

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh it must be early with no coffee there. Was trying to make light with a joke. Didn't mean to offend with my Australian jokes. We don't get many grizzly bear attacks or shark attacks here in the US. So not as sensitive to wildlife eating my children. As far as the school kid thing I was mainly talking about the perceived request for the person you block to not be able to comment or see your posts at all because he made a laughing face at you. I understand the request but I believe that's more of a software thing but just seemed like a (without trying to sound shitty) a whiny request. Again sorry for offending you and I'll just stay to myself from now on. Sorry my jokes aren't adult.

Sent from a pile of wood chips

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Would be great for those here who get trolled if along with ignore there was Hide option. So not only do they not see the offending person, that person (the troll) cant see their posts either. You can ignore partially as I see, but they can still troll with lols and the likes which show up in alerts or responses in the emojis.
Also that way it utterly imobilises any effort they wish to make. Totally de-arms them.
Why let the trolls here have any options at all to do what they do!?
We have an ignore feature. The problem comes in where it doesn’t play well with tapatalk. If you put someone on ignore, they don’t see you and you don’t see them. Unless one of you is on tapatalk; which, we have no control over.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
We have an ignore feature. The problem comes in where it doesn’t play well with tapatalk. If you put someone on ignore, they don’t see you and you don’t see them. Unless one of you is on tapatalk; which, we have no control over.
i think that they still see you

and you not seeing them provides something similar to a spoiler tag, where you can choose to view it on desktop just this once

so, problems arise with poster 1 putting poster 2 on ignore. poster 2 finding out and making thinly veiled digs. Then poster 1 feeling like 2 is probably making thinly veiled digs, clicking "view these posts just this once", confirming suspicion, then making passive aggressive thinly veiled digs while claiming ignorance that they read all of poster 2's material

that is my interpretation

complicated as smigo says by poster 2's ability to still click "angry" reactions

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Best practice, imo...if you put someone on Ignore, don't peek.

Who gives a shit what they are saying anyway? If you cared, and you're in the mood to fight about it, don't bother with Ignore.

And one more thing. @MrMeowgi is a good friend to a lot of us in this forum. He has a houseful of kids that he obviously loves to pieces. I can assure you that he'd never actually think it's funny if a baby was taken by any wild animal. People joke about things all the time that they don't condone and wouldn't seriously think were funny. So, as my son tells me, Calm Down, Killa!

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years

Who gives a shit what they are saying anyway? If you cared, and you're in the mood to fight about it, don't bother with Ignore.

And one more thing. @MrMeowgi is a good friend to a lot of us in this forum. He has a houseful of kids that he obviously loves to pieces. I can assure you that he'd never actually think it's funny if a baby was taken by any wild animal. People joke about things all the time that they don't condone and wouldn't seriously think were funny. So, as my son tells me, Calm Down, Killa!
Respect to you, but he surely did make a joke about it and added a crying with laughter emoji. No imagination needed to know which baby that was about. The world joke of Lindy Chamberlain saying "a dingo took my baby!"
Then explain to me please :)....... how else can I take the reference to a "dingo" and them killing "Eating babies" with a crying with laughter emoji?
Quote.... "cuz they will eat your baby. ?"
If you read my reply and first post properly it was simply an idea, suggestion which is what this section is supposed to be about. For crying out loud, does anybody bother to read posts properly before launching in boots and all these days? Sorry I had a thought id share.

Last edited:

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

I wish people would. But I think that people don't want to appear to be a newbie to trolls, or something. So try to play professional troll wrangler. Something like that.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I wish people would. But I think that people don't want to appear to be a newbie to trolls, or something. So try to play professional troll wrangler. Something like that.
Referring to anyone in particular?

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I wish we could ignore those with elevated titles, specifically VU Bot

Or at least demote the bots moderator status so we can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I wish we could ignore those with elevated titles, specifically VU Bot

Or at least demote the bots moderator status so we can.

You can just not on Tapatalk.

TT I only view participated threads, since new posts is just VU bot spam.

Browser that cunt doesn't show up. So I use that for new posts view.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You can just not on Tapatalk.

TT I only view participated threads, since new posts is just VU bot spam.

Browser that cunt doesn't show up. So I use that for new posts view.

I was just stirring the pot... I haven’t seen the bot since I paid for TT, but before then it was spam city.

I don’t see much of anything on desktop with all my Adblock addons etc.

I use TT for more than VU so it was an easy choice to go the paid route.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I was just stirring the pot... I haven’t seen the bot since I paid for TT, but before then it was spam city.

I don’t see much of anything on desktop with all my Adblock addons etc.

I use TT for more than VU so it was an easy choice to go the paid route.

IIRC xenforo will even let you put joe, tyger, 5150 etc on ignore

I paid the $4 for TT pro, but not VIP.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, I don’t have any reason to put our leadership folk on ignore... most over the years have been great...

Not all, but most

i don't really know who is and who isn't a mod tbh

pretty sure you are not

i think bots and vendors are the only ones on my ignore list

what's a test tube baby's worst nightmare? dingoes with straws

Syythe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
what's a test tube baby's worst nightmare? dingoes with straws
This has to be one of the best dingo jokes I've ever heard. Love it.

On a side note, I once had a dingo. He ended up running away. I still see him in the woods from time to time.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
This has to be one of the best dingo jokes I've ever heard. Love it.

On a side note, I once had a dingo. He ended up running away. I still see him in the woods from time to time.

Even my husband has one crass dead-baby joke. He thinks it's hysterical, has been telling it for 40 years.

Q: How do you make a dead baby float?

A: 7-Up and two scoops of dead baby.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Even my husband has one crass dead-baby joke. He thinks it's hysterical, has been telling it for 40 years.

Q: How do you make a dead baby float?

A: 7-Up and two scoops of dead baby.
Good on you with your dead baby jokes. You are awesome! Whats for encore? Rape jokes? Pedo jokes? Your sick as! Honestly, that is utterly disgraceful and sick.
Didnt honestly expect that from you.
So let me get this right, hmmm, Meow would never make a baby joke because he has kids as YOU said. No, no he is respected here, oooh no not dead baby jokes, nooooooooo.
But now you tell me a dead baby joke. Hmmm. How ironic! You defend him that it couldnt be so, then you turn around and tell me one. Seriously!?
Guess im out of touch with this sick, demented worldwide society im now living in.

Here is Azaria. The brunt of the joke.
images (6).jpeg

Please dont communicate with me again. Because you can be sure I wont with you and your 2 fans that share your demented mind set will be on ignore.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Good on you with your dead baby jokes. You are awesome! Whats for encore? Rape jokes? Pedo jokes? Your sick as! Honestly, that is utterly disgraceful and sick.
Didnt honestly expect that from you.
So let me get this right, hmmm, Meow would never make a baby joke because he has kids as YOU said. No, no he is respected here, oooh no not dead baby jokes, nooooooooo.
But now you tell me a dead baby joke. Hmmm. How ironic! You defend him that it couldnt be so, then you turn around and tell me one. Seriously!?
Guess im out of touch with this sick, demented worldwide society im now living in.

Here is Azaria. The brunt of the joke.
View attachment 166906

Please dont communicate with me again. Because you can be sure I wont with you and your 2 fans that share your demented mind set will be on ignore.

Do you feel all vindicated, you and your self-righteousness? I have never in my life heard such bullshit as this.

You know good and well that nobody who has one shred of decency really thinks dead babies are funny. It is a play on words, nothing more.

So keep it to yourself, I'll put you on Ignore as well so I don't have to read your overblown, overreactive, pedantic and puritanical crap. How bout that big guy?

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
So i know this is something that doesn’t need to really be said; and, I’m sure most people have heard it before.
The amazing thing about the internet is that everyone has the ability to say anything they want. Yes we have rules here on what is and is not allowed. Not many but some do exist.
If someone is saying something that isn’t appreciated, or bothers you and you don’t want to engage that person. The creamer being hath given us all a built in ignore feature, right in our own brains.

the computer, phone, tablet or any other silicon based device used to interact with the internet has a feature compatible with the human brain... called scrolling.

I want all of our members to enjoy their time here, unfortunately at times that may involve using your own built in ignore feature and the scrolling feature in unison.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So i know this is something that doesn’t need to really be said; and, I’m sure most people have heard it before.
The amazing thing about the internet is that everyone has the ability to say anything they want. Yes we have rules here on what is and is not allowed. Not many but some do exist.
If someone is saying something that isn’t appreciated, or bothers you and you don’t want to engage that person. The creamer being hath given us all a built in ignore feature, right in our own brains.

the computer, phone, tablet or any other silicon based device used to interact with the internet has a feature compatible with the human brain... called scrolling.

I want all of our members to enjoy their time here, unfortunately at times that may involve using your own built in ignore feature and the scrolling feature in unison.
They should invent that for the new threads feed. Because obviously they haven't yet.

VU Sponsors