Become a Patron!

Im in it to quit smoking

Hey all, im new to vaping and it looks to be a good alternative to cigarettes. Ive been smoking for 10 years as of this year.

About 5 years ago, I tried the nicorette gum, but i feel awful (sick) everytime after a meal. I tried a nicotine inhaler, and managed to stop smoking for 2 weeks. I remembered I was so proud of this achievement, lol. Sadly, I ended up smoking again due to the cost of the nicotine tube (about 50usd for 1 week supply). Bear in mind that im living in a country where a cigarette pack costs about 4usd per pack. So, smoking was much more economical.

Fast forward to 2015. I really wanted to quit smoking, so I first borrowed my friend's mod for 2 days to see if I could overcome the urge to smoke. Those two days made me a beliver. My friend had a 12mg ejuice, which helped alot to emulate the "throat hit".

Without any hesitation, I bought a mod, a tube, random ejuice the very next day. As of today, its been more than two weeks since I last smoked, and I couldn't be happier. I never thought quiting can be fun! (I just hope that these words wont haunt me in the future)

Over the weekend, my buddies and I hang out and they pulled out the cigarette box. We were just chatting and having a good time. I didnt realize until the end of tne day that there were literally boxes cigarettes on the table, and not even once i wanted to smoke.

I do miss the smell of tobacco once in a while, so I was looking for an eliquid with the tobacco flavor. The only one that I can find from Google was black note. Eight bells are the closest for tobacco flavor. Is this correct?

My current unit:
- Cloupor GT
- Mini subtank and Herakles

Thanks all. Im a newbie but I hope I can contribute to this forum.

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to the VU
There are a lot of tobacco flavors for vaping.
I started out thinking that I wanted a tobacco flavor, but found I was wrong and now enjoy fruit and creams.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Thanks all. Im a newbie but I hope I can contribute to this forum.
You already have :)

Check out the Eliquid Discussions section. I'm sure you'll find lots of good suggestions for tobacco flavors, from trusted vendors. Congrats on your 2 weeks!! Welcome to VU.

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Can't help you with your tobacco selection, I don't like that stuff. Congratulations on your success though. You'll make it no problem from that sounds of it. I still like the smell of a cigs at times, and I've been vaping now for over 5 years.

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It appears you took a similar route as I. I tried EVERYTHING!!
Patches, gum, tubes, nasal spray. Nothing worked.

I would suggest trying some additional flavors, to move away from the reminders/triggers of actual cigarettes. That has helped me immensely, even though I live in the house with a current smoker.

woodyt74

Obsessive? Who me?
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Welcome to the VU and congratulations on quitting! PuffPuffPass gave a great suggestion on trying some other flavors to avoid the triggers.

Manimal3497

Manimalizer
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Welcome-Glitters-62.gif

VU Sponsors