Become a Patron!

I'm new to boxes. Should I change smth?

starche

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm new to boxes, but I was vaping a while ago (Sigelei Zmax v2). I’d like to try box and subohm tanks. Later on I’ll try RBA.
After a week of reading, that's what I wanna get:
1. Sigelei 150W TC.
I read about Cube 2, IPV3 Li, SnowWolf and few others and decided to take a chance with Sigelei. Good reviews and real life vapers' impression. I was using Sigelei before, no issues here. Good grip, looks sturdy and long lasting.
I’m aware of Sigelei 200W TC. Yes, big screen, but… do I really need? New chip with 0.05ohm? May be, but when I’ll get it? I hope this one will do the trick for now.
2. Smok TPv4
I won’t mind it to be 6ml tank, but with 5ml I should be good for a day of vaping. Got TC support (I wanna get titanium coils, should I stick with nickel ones?), good air flow, top filled and in general looks good.
3. HG2 3000 mah batteries (4pcs).
I saw somewhere those one are better than 25R or at least not that bad. This ones got 3000mah, slightly bigger then 25R (2500) with the same 20A drain current.
4. Nitecore D4

Does it look right? Should I change smth?

Oh, and what you can say about https://www.wakeandvape.com ?

Thanks.

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I'm new to boxes, but I was vaping a while ago (Sigelei Zmax v2). I’d like to try box and subohm tanks. Later on I’ll try RBA.
After a week of reading, that's what I wanna get:
1. Sigelei 150W TC.
I read about Cube 2, IPV3 Li, SnowWolf and few others and decided to take a chance with Sigelei. Good reviews and real life vapers' impression. I was using Sigelei before, no issues here. Good grip, looks sturdy and long lasting.
I’m aware of Sigelei 200W TC. Yes, big screen, but… do I really need? New chip with 0.05ohm? May be, but when I’ll get it? I hope this one will do the trick for now.
2. Smok TPv4
I won’t mind it to be 6ml tank, but with 5ml I should be good for a day of vaping. Got TC support (I wanna get titanium coils, should I stick with nickel ones?), good air flow, top filled and in general looks good.
3. HG2 3000 mah batteries (4pcs).
I saw somewhere those one are better than 25R or at least not that bad. This ones got 3000mah, slightly bigger then 25R (2500) with the same 20A drain current.
4. Nitecore D4

Does it look right? Should I change smth?

Oh, and what you can say about https://www.wakeandvape.com ?

Thanks.
1. I've owned the cube 2, ipv3 li, and the snow wolf. Like em all. Never been a big sigelei fan.
2. Smok TFV4 is awesome. Own one on my snow wolf. I'd stick with nickel for tc. Too much bad I hear about titanium.
3. Batteries are good but don't sell 25r's short. I have 16 of em. They're in all my devices.
4. I use a nitecore d4 to charge all my batteries. Great charger. Not as fast as the efest 6 bay but solid nonetheless.

starche

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
1. which from those 3 you like the most? and what's wrong with sig?
2. Oh... I heard too much bad about nickel... oh, OK, i'll take nickel than.
3. so, 25r are not that bad? some1 said that plastic wrap around the cell is teared in a week or so.
4. I wanna get 4 batteries, so I don't really care I guess how fast I can charge those :)

So, in general - looks good?

starche

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Oh, about Sig. that thing can go up to 100J while iPV3 Li - up to 50J only. And even after flashing 200W firmaware - uo to 70j. I'm not saying I really need that, but.. just saying :)

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Nothing wrong with Sigelei, they make the board in the snow wolf. The wolf is the shizzle in my opinion.
unless you have a nickel allergy, nickel is the way to go.
25r's are workhorses.
A d4 will charge 2 batteries from dead in about 3 hours. 4 batteries in a little under 6. List looks good friend.

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Read up and understand joules. When I was vaping in TC, I never went over 40j on my ipv3 li. The wolf doesn't use joules and the tc is very easy to use.

starche

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
snow wolf looks the best aong those, hands down. but it's heavier and... boxy, i would say. Sig should be better in hands I hope.
i have no idea if i have allergy on nickel or not. reading now "nickel vs titanium" threads. looks Ti is more inert, but i need to read more.
OK, sounds i should go with 25r's. Thanks :)
that's not a big deal for me, 3hrs or more. i used to charges batteries the minute i pulled them from the mod. leave them alone for few hours - and I'm good.

i definitely need to read about joules. that's smth completely new to me tbh.

thanks man. Very much appreciated :)

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
The wolf isn't as big or heavy as it looks in pictures. Read up on titanium oxide poisoning. ..

starche

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
dumb question: can i use T3 or Q4 coils in TC mode? i mean - do i really need to get Ni or Ti coils to run TC?

and one more question: RBA head whick comes with TFv4 - it's single or dual coil setup?

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Yes. You need ni200 or Titanium for tc mode. Triple and quad coils are either nichrome or kanthal, which are not tc supported.

diceman1000

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
if you're after something that works like temp control with regular coils, check out the Ijoy asolo...

VU Sponsors