Become a Patron!

I'm tasting a burnt taste in my coil (aerotank mega w/0.8 ohm coil)

Logan Schafer

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm tasting a burnt taste in my coils, I've waited a while for the juice to soak in for both if the coils I used, but after a couple of drags I taste a slight burnt taste in the vapor. I'm using an aerotank mega with a 0.8 ohm coil and the beacon beyond mod with the sony vtc4 battery. I can't figure out why I'm tasting this. What should I do? And/or what's the problem? And also, if I'm tasting something burnt, is it harmful to me if I continue vaping it?

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This is my opinion if you taste burnt, the coils have most likely burnt the wick. That can be a little harmful to you, but you will survive. It kills the taste buds for a day or so sometimes however lol. Kanger has said that the coils they make with the invisiwick do better at lower wattage....that being said, i would think they are going to work better on a VW device. I burn out coils anywhere over 7.5 to 8 watts. I run my Kanger Giant with 1.5 ohms on 6.5 to 7 watts.. For .8 ohm you would be needing 17 to 22 volts and be running 4.2 to 5.2 amps, your amperage on the vtc might be over shooting this with such high Amp on them, could possibly be burning the coils to hot. THIS IS MY OPINION

Breeezy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
You can also try closing off the airholes and doing a little primer suck, i know that sounds weird but that will get some juice down into the coil. I usually do a little primer pump and let it sit for like 5-10 minutes just so i know the coils good and wet. Shouldn't cause any damage its just not a pleasant taste.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Your juice may be high VG and a little thick for it to wick effectively. Try the primer pulls and if they help but it returns then switch to a smaller air adjustment. The tighter draw will pull more juice to the coil.

VU Sponsors