Become a Patron!

I'm USN420... Former Smoker and New VU Member...

Hello Everyone... I'm new to VU and want to say "Hello"

I was a 30+ year smoker that made the switch to vaping 7-months ago. I retired from the US Navy after a wonderful 20-year career and am currently working a 2nd career in the private sector.

During my virtually lifelong addiction to cigarettes, I tried every conceivable method to quit. Gum, patches, Wellbutrin, cold turkey... none of them worked for me.

Seven months ago, after considerable prodding from my wife (A non-smoker) to give vaping a try, I relented. On a whim, I purchased a Halo Triton starter kit and some juice. I marked a "quit date" on my calendar and got my head around my desire to quit smoking for good.

On the eve of that date 7-months ago I smoked my last cigarette. Then threw away the remaining pack, all my lighters, and every ashtray around my home. When I awoke the following morning I began using the Halo Triton exclusively. I've not had another cigarette since.

Along the way, I've upgraded my setup about 4 times, started building my own coils, mixing my own juice, and helped numerous other smokers make the switch. Vaping has changed my life, hopefully for the better... and I think it is now time for me to give back to the community.

Thanks for having me here at VU!

bloosman1

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I too am a Navy vet. '80-'86 USS Mobile LKA 115. Cigarettes were a way of life in the service. I'm hoping the social aspect of vaping will be similar to cigs or even better!

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Welcome to VU. Glad to have you here.

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors