Become a Patron!

Inawera

Cramptholomew

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have, what seems to be, hundreds of flavors from TFA, and FA. I'm still experimenting with a lot if the FA flavors, BUT... I hear many good things about Inawera, in particular, and Capella seems to have an avid following. Since I like diversity, I'm thinking of trying a few by each of those companies. The Inawera smoked plum/prune sounds exceedingly interesting. I know "taste is subjective", but I'd like to hear some recommendations from people. I'm open to anything.

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I think that INW's tobaccos are sublime. However, I've never used Capella, so I can't offer a comparison.

Ld3441

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
My 3 favorite tobaccos are from Inawera. RY4 (takes a very long steep but worth the wait), S'Camel and US Blend (not US Mix).
I still have many others that I have tried and not liked and some I have not gotten around to trying yet. I did not purchase smoke and prunes.

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Have you tried the 555? I'm thinking of adding it to the cart.

Ld3441

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I didn't like it. I really think I have weird taste buds though. I tried both 555 and 555 Gold and both were awful to me. Many do like them so don't not try it on my account. It was the first and only 555 I have tried so I have nothing to compare it to.

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Oh poo. I actually meant the gold, but interesting that you didn't like either. Your above choices are the ones I like too, so I might have to follow your distaste on this.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I have Pear & Mango from INW, both good. Caps I have Marshmallow and....... I think Raspberry? I like the Marshmallow. I also have creamsicle. Won't use it again. Not horrible, but not at all what I'd hoped.

Ld3441

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I could send you a sample to try if you want.
I may try it again and let it sit a couple of months to see if there is improvement. I was surprised at the RY4. At one month steep I didn't like it. I was shocked and put it away. At 2 months while cleaning out others I decided to try it again and it was good. I plan to eventually retry these I didn't like and let them steep longer. Or maybe the VT nic will bring it out sooner? We shall see....

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I"m not really a tobacco fan, so I can't comment on those. Between Capella and FA I think by and large there is no comparison - FA all the way. I do have a couple of IW that are very good - pear, pina colada (I forget what else). But I have a lot of FA and they are all amazing. Of the Capella I got rid of most of them, along with most (not all) of TFA. That was for my taste though, which is obviously not the same as anyone else's. And the VT nic is amazing.

Jgoss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Capella's makes some tasty stuff....
Butter.....I know its bad, but it tastes so good
Dutch Chocolate Mint.....really good without anything else, but benefits from some slight additions
Cake Batter.....Thick tasting. One of my personal favorites
Boston Cream Pie.....A VERY nice custardy flavor
Vanilla Custard.....The single best custard flavor out there. Base for many companies custard flavors
Chocolate Glazed Doughnut.....tastes just like fake chocolate glaze, really yummy
Chocolate Fudge Brownie.....think tootsie roll
French Toast.....People always comment when I walk by vaping this, it really smells like the real thing
Sweet Tangerine.....Awesome, reminds me of tangerine jelly bellies
Sweet Strawberry.....Think pink Starburst candy

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
of all the inawera I have tasted and all the hype I have heard about it I dont get it. if you like cough syrup its totally what you want. ha ..... kidding. I heard steeping helps inawera, personally I grab my capellas before inawera, just dont think I have got the hang of inawera yet maybe. chocolate cream is the only one I like. but if you like candy get it. inawera banana is like pouring 3 bags of banana runts in your mouth at the same time. bleh..................

edit....... never tried the tobaccos tho

Cramptholomew

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks everyone. I think I'm gonna get some Inawera tobaccos, and that crazy "smoked plum", since they seem to be highly recommended. And I might get some Cap Custard and that pink starburst strawberry, since I've never had it. Other than that, I think I'm pretty set on Flavor Art and TFA for the majority of my flavors.

Thanks for the warning about IW banana, willmc. I can't stand that fake banana flavor. Banana Runts always got thrown out

Passunca

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Sorry to disappoint you but, and it's seems I'm the only one saying, Inawera is just hype.
I don't want to hijack this thread to bash on Inawera, and I have tons of things to bash on.

Ok I admit, I have a personal grudge against them, so I even accept the fact I might be wrong but, I'm yet to vape something really good done with just Inawera.

I dare anyone to post a cool Inawera recipe. Oh, and please, do it in % or in ml, don't make me talk about INW drops... :mad:

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I still have all the Capella flavorings I got when I first started DIY. I like creamy, sweet, rich - and that is what they have a reputation for. Their Peaches and Cream was a favorite of mine (great with FA Irish Cream and TFA White Chocolate). Their Sweet Strawberry is pretty good, like pie filling. New York Cheesecake is useful, but it doesn't make we want to quit using TFA Cheesecake Graham (or my Homevape Cheesecake recipe with FA). Coconut is also good - not as plastic-tasting as TFAs. Like FA Coconut, it's creamy. If I didn't already have FA, I'd use Capella coconut instead. I detect generous diacetyl/subs in many of their flavors, so much that it makes me a little sick to my stomach. Their Cappuccino, Gingerbread, Cake Batter, and the original Vanilla Custard about made me hurl. I know, I'm in the minority there! Their version 2 custard is using some substitute (that smell doesn't lie!), but less of it. I honestly prefer FA Vienna Cream, but no Capella custard fan would agree with that. wllmc loves it, so it must be better than it tastes to me. The Chocolate-Glazed Doughnut used at 2% in a recipe gives it a coating of cheap American milk-chocolate - ideal in candy bar recipes. Cramps, you know my sweet tooth - many of the Capella flavorings were too sweet for me. Especially with good nic base, they can be cloying - fruits in particular.

I have maybe a dozen Inawera. Sesame is outstanding! I've found many uses for it: light nuttiness for tobaccos, sesame candies, and I'm playing with it for crust flavors in recipes. Big thumbs up! Inawera Biscuit is a rip-off of FA's Cookie, a little weaker, but sweeter. Exotic roots I was hoping had ginger, but I think it's ginseng...and maybe raw potato? I'm not really sure! I don't know if I'm creative enough to find a use for it. Forget the Wanilly, which isn't as good as any of FA's vanillas. I liked Two Apples better than FA Apple, but I think FA Fuji is better yet for authentic crisp apple flavor. Milk Chocolate = cream on the edge of going bad, hard to find 'chocolate' in it (everyone says I should have gotten Chocolate Cream instead, oh well). Nougat has potential for candy flavors. With work it can taste like the 'nougat' in American candy bars. It's very sweet, sort of malty. Lemon Mix from Wera Gardens and the supposedly-awesome Orange are what drew me to try Inawera. Lemon Mix is indeed strong, but it doesn't have the interest of FA Lemon Sicily to me. It's on the hairy edge of chemical/cleaning product to my palate. I was disappointed I don't love Orange. I don't love ANY Orange flavor. My favorite remains FA Mandarin, which has more character and uses than any orange I've tried, including FA's. Inawera Lemon Mix and Orange dissolve plastic, if that matters.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Helpful review.

Children of the Corn? That creeepy little dude in the black suit?

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Sorry to disappoint you but, and it's seems I'm the only one saying, Inawera is just hype.
I don't want to hijack this thread to bash on Inawera, and I have tons of things to bash on.

Ok I admit, I have a personal grudge against them, so I even accept the fact I might be wrong but, I'm yet to vape something really good done with just Inawera.

I dare anyone to post a cool Inawera recipe. Oh, and please, do it in % or in ml, don't make me talk about INW drops... :mad:
bwahahahaha thank god someone else feels the way I do. all hype.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
but no Capella custard fan would agree with that. wllmc loves it,............................... Exotic roots I was hoping had ginger, but I think it's ginseng...and maybe raw potato?
caps custard makes me drool at any percent V1 or V2 . ...... lmao at the raw potato !!!!!!

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I wonder if all the hype was about "OOOOOO I FOUND A NEW FLAVOR COMPANY!". I can imagine that. I WOULD still like to try their tobaccos.
haha probably. and ya Ill still keep throwing my money away on it. just might find a gem. I doubt it tho lol.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I wonder if all the hype was about "OOOOOO I FOUND A NEW FLAVOR COMPANY!". I can imagine that. I WOULD still like to try their tobaccos.

S'Camel is on my list to try, next time I go on a tobacco-flavor vaping binge.

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
LOL! All you haters can send your Inawera to me! Except for WG Banana. Hork. I love their fruits for the most part. TFA and Capella didn't do it for me at all. I can't get into any Inawera orange either HIC...it's like there are rinds in it, too bitter. I'm testing out the Shisha Orange, it seems a bit better.
Lots of the tobaccos do double duty. Some by themselves aren't full out tobacco until you add one of their tobacco absolutes and/or DNB if you like it dirty. Without all that they go so well with fruits. One of my favorite tobaccos all by itself is Gold Ducat, it's unusual. Another is Desert Voyager, it's versatile. Shisha Brandy Cocoa is fantastic. I haven't been able to vape any chocolates for awhile, but I can that one. They do have some gaping holes in their line-up, no creams, very little bakery. I have no problems mixing other companies with it, but I do have several Inawera only recipes that I vape daily.
No one company is going to be the be-all-end-all for anybody, it's just good to have in the toolbox.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I'm testing out the Shisha Orange, it seems a bit better.

So glad you mentioned that. WHAT is the deal with Inawera Shisha flavors? What makes them 'shisha'? Added tobacco notes, different strength, different mixing base? Throw me a clue!

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
shisha flavors are just super concentrates right ? more so than the others.

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So glad you mentioned that. WHAT is the deal with Inawera Shisha flavors? What makes them 'shisha'? Added tobacco notes, different strength, different mixing base? Throw me a clue!

Damned if I know. I've never went to a hookah bar or had real shisha. Some are softer than the house brands, some are very flavorful and some don't have a corresponding house, Tino D or WG flavor. I can't make any sense of it. The winners for me so far are Brandy Cocoa, Mai Tai and maybe Tropic. There are a couple let downs, like Pineapple. Boo. The Shisha Tobacco isn't good either.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
hey glass I clicked your sig. I guess you make all these ? awesome stuff

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
One of my favorite tobaccos all by itself is Gold Ducat, it's unusual.

That tells me all I needed to know. On the rare occasions I vape tobaccos, I want to taste tobacco instead of 'unusual'.

Passunca

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I can stand some of their tobaccos, and I do kinda like AM4A, 555, Nutty Princess and RY4.
But, not seeing them now, I think it's Tino's line not Inawera.

Inawera Virginia it's a very good clone for Patchouly's perfume. :p
It's, by far, the worse thing I've ever vaped!

And I can't resist bashing... If you look at recipes posted by Marcelina (Inawera's staff), even in the same recipe, the drops they use are not the same across flavors...
LMAO.

@glassgrl please, save my INW bottles from the sink. Can you share a vapable INW recipe?

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'll try Passunca, but I don't know what you have. I don't have any of the tobaccos you listed yet, so we seem to have very different tastes. Viva la difference and all that jazz.
1.5% Brandy Cocoa with 2 drops Kawa. Please don't kill me for saying drops. I guess it's .3%.

I make a spiced peach with Spicy Biscuit, Old Havana and house Peach with a tiny bit of Falcon Eye but I can't find my notes right now. Even though a couple of those are 'tobacco', I just use them for the spices. I was going to try using Virginia tobacco absolute or tobacco universal base to get a peach tobacco but haven't yet.

There are more. I need to find the notes.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Inawera Virginia it's a very good clone for Patchouly's perfume. :p
It's, by far, the worse thing I've ever vaped!

Have you ever tried FA's CamBlend (aka CamT) ? Sandlewood! Might mix well with Inawera's Virginia. lol!

I believe Inawera's Tino line is made by FlavourArt, perhaps exclusively for them.

Not really recipes, but Inawera:

Gold Ducat 3%, straight up. For a more smoke-like taste, add 1% FA Latakia.
Black Currant - after letting it sit for 10 days, it's an extremely rich blackberry jam flavor. Before 10 days, it tastes and smells like ass cheese. 3% also good here.
Their Black Cherry, Pear (Concentrate), and Coffee (Kawa) flavors are the best in class, IMO. 3-4%.
Cocoa is also remarkably good for a chocolate flavor, but I find the taste highly dependent on voltage/power.

A lot of the other fruits, it's not so much a matter of better/worse, it's a matter of different. Want strawberry jam? Use CAP. Want a ripe, smooth strawberry? FA. Want a slightly tart one? IW. Want to pucker up? TFA.

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Too late to edit, but scratch the Cocoa above, I was thinking of FA Cocoa.
I was just going to ask where you found that. FA cocoa is good, and chocolates are difficult.

Just ordered gold ducat and s'camel.

Passunca

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Have you ever tried FA's CamBlend (aka CamT) ? Sandlewood! Might mix well with Inawera's Virginia. lol!

I believe Inawera's Tino line is made by FlavourArt, perhaps exclusively for them.

That's an urban myth about Tino's line.
According to Marcelina, Inawera produces all their stuff.
And if you check FA's site, nowhere states that Inawera is a partner or authorized dealer.

I find hard to believe that Inawera produces their flavors but that's another story.
(note to self: Stop it Passunca! There are people who might like Inawera) :)

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
That's an urban myth about Tino's line.
According to Marcelina, Inawera produces all their stuff.
And if you check FA's site, nowhere states that Inawera is a partner or authorized dealer.

That's a surprise to me. Some of their tobacco names are identical and thought people had said taste the same. Sorry to have spread info that isn't true!

Passunca

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I can tell what my senses tell me. Tino's RY4 is not the same as FA's RY4.

Now, remember I also said that I doubt Inawera produces their own brands.
They claim they do, but they also claim their bottles have 20 drops/ml...

People had said that Inawera was concentrate, Wera Garden were even more, and Tino was premium.
Where do the new Inawera concentrates fit, marketing wise? And Shisa's?

Meh, they're too complicated, they have several brands, several flavor lines, several selling sites, etc, etc.
And does anyone know any info about the bad vaping stuff? Their certificates are for food use. ;)

I do solemnly swear that I will not bash any further. :)

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey HIC, can I ask you a question?

I notice you work with FA flavors mostly. I am not having good luck with their flavors. Most of them have a heavy perfume note to them. I also notice you like your recipe concentrations light, whereas I like mine on the heavy side. Is it that I'm using too high of a % of the FA flavors, trying to get a kick to the taste buds? Or do you find that FA has perfume notes also that steep off? And if you do steep, how long? I've tested most FA flavors starting at 1%. Is that too high?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Most of them have a heavy perfume note to them. I also notice you like your recipe concentrations light, whereas I like mine on the heavy side.

There's almost certainly a link between those two sentences. A few comments:

3% standalone does it for me on most FA flavors. Tiramisu, some tobaccos, and Lime (especially Lime Tahiti) I use less, even just 1%. Banana and Pineapple take 4-5% for me as standalones. There are others; those come to mind first.

Different FA flavors have different limits, but in general, over 5% standalone will often warp the flavor into something unpleasant. Creams become spicy and sharp, for example. Guava becomes cologne. Unexpected flavor, especially anything that reminds you of perfume, is a hint to use less (except for FA's floral flavors, Cam Blend, Bergamot, maybe a couple others). Anise is the FA flavor I find has the widest usable range. I can vape it at 1% or 10% with change only in flavor intensity.

Total flavoring in my all-FA recipes tends to be under 5-6%, if they're all FA flavors. By comparison, I'd use 10-15% for the same recipes with TFA flavors, to get a match in flavor intensity. There are exceptions (Banana!)

The relatively narrow range of percent from light-hint to any-more-is-excessive can be widened substantially for FA (and all other brands) by using very clean nic base. With Vapers Tek nic base, not only do flavors taste cleaner, you taste the flavors at lower percents AND you can go higher before hitting any spicy/sharp/perfume/overflavored effects. Vapers Tek nic makes mixing any recipe much more forgiving; I highly recommend it!

I don't steep. I do warm a finished bottle well enough to make it very runny, so I can shake it very well. Steeping/aging only occurs if I don't finish the bottle as quickly as anticipated. I never 'air out' any mix, unless the flavorings are alcohol-based (and FA's are not).

Recipes and flavor combos...there are some cool tricks with FlavourArt. Walnut makes Banana taste stronger and makes apple pop out of Apple Pie, for example. These are things you can learn only by experimenting and/or reading. I mix a lot of FA and try to share all the useful notes I have, always willing to help anyone with FA flavors, any way I can. Let me know if there's a recipe I can help with, or if you tell me what you like to vape, maybe I have a recipe you'd like. I can't help a lot with FA tobaccos, but I'm pretty familiar with most of the rest.

Talon4x4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Very interesting thread. Thanks everyone for all the info. As far as those shisha flavors, I would guess they are trying to mimic the shisha flavor you would get if you were smoking a hookah. The names sound familiar to actual shisha I have smoked before.

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
People had said that Inawera was concentrate, Wera Garden were even more, and Tino was premium.
Where do the new Inawera concentrates fit, marketing wise? And Shisa's?

Meh, they're too complicated, they have several brands, several flavor lines, several selling sites, etc, etc.
And does anyone know any info about the bad vaping stuff? Their certificates are for food use. ;)

I do solemnly swear that I will not bash any further. :)

I don't think you're bashing either. You have your opinion on it, I have mine, and it doesn't make either one less valid. Grown ups can agree to disagree without feeling like someone is calling them an idiot. Unless you are calling me an idiot...
lol.gif

I did find the parent company one time, it wasn't called Inawera. I can't find it again in my searches and didn't think to save it. Some of the marketing and so many different lines does bug me a little bit, but mostly I don't care. They're flavorings, I like them, and I don't smoke. I just wasn't happy with a lot of TFA, Cap, FW and most FA tobaccos. Don't get me started on all the vendor liquids I hated.

They claim they do, but they also claim their bottles have 20 drops/ml...
I believe (not entirely sure) the reasoning behind that is that there's some standard in the pharmaceutical field (maybe regional?) that says a "drop" is 1/20th of a ml. So there's drops (from a bottle) and Drops (as defined).

Nothing like an ambiguous unit of measurement to help make things easier.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years

Just for you and the OP ;)

Gold Carnoir

10% Gold Ducat
2% vanilla for Pipe

1 drop per 10ml:

Dark chocolate TPA
Vanillin
Sweetener

INA is the bombdiggity!! :D

mind you.. i <3 gold ducat.. I like it at a extreme high percentage.. you may want to play with it, before going so high.. taste is subjective.

on the smoked plums.. its goood.. :rolleyes: I have all but a few of every tobacco from ina.. <3 it!

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
bottles vary and if anyone has ever cruised around forums from other countries..
bottle drips are measured in drops..

big and little drops.. pay attenttion, for not all drops (gt) (t) are the same.

Passunca

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I believe (not entirely sure) the reasoning behind that is that there's some standard in the pharmaceutical field (maybe regional?) that says a "drop" is 1/20th of a ml. So there's drops (from a bottle) and Drops (as defined).

Nothing like an ambiguous unit of measurement to help make things easier.
That's is correct about the pharma standard AFAIK.

But no way those bottles are 20/ml.

So when they say 6-8 drops (Vanilla for Pipe, as suggested :) ) per 10ml we could be talking about:
- 20/ml = 3%-4%
- 40-45/ml (my measure) = 1.5%-2%
- 60/ml (people swear they measured it) = 1%-1.33%

When talking about concentrates (and now even more concentrate, as per new flavors) the range is too wide, IMHO.
What are we talking about? What's the suggested percentage? bah...

@Smoky Blue I don't have those and I don't have the courage to order more INW... But I'll try to see if any of my friends got some to spare to give that mix a fair chance :)

@glassgrl In no possible way I would call you an idiot and, at the end of the day you're right. If it keeps you far from smoking then they're good :)

VU Sponsors