Become a Patron!

Indestructible WISMEC problems

Hello guys, i just get my first RDA and i plugged it on my reuleaux RX200 after learning a bit on how to build and similar. Right now im using wire in kanthal A1 24ga for a dual coil with 3 millimiter of diameter and with 7 spiral each one.
It's all fine when i vape at 40 w but i can't find great improvement from my previous non rebuildable atomizer about flavour and clouds and if i try to push up my watts i get really bad taste just at second shot and a "dry" hit that hurts at level of lungs.
What i'm doing wrong? Why i can't pull up Watts? Can you give me some advice for a better flavour and better clouds?
Thank you guys.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Prior to this atty and mod were you building at .35ohms? If not what were you vaping, before the change? What level Nic and OG are you using? If you are vaping at lower ohms and higher watts than you are used too, you may need to reduce the nic or PG and sometimes flavoring. Maybe you got the wicking wrong, too much or too little, IN the coil will result in burnt and bad tasting hits. When I get dry or burnt hits, I try more wraps. More wraps, same wire, tends to result in a cooler coil and a coil that can accept more watts.

Pancho_Brown

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
It's really hard to tell just from the discription. Could you post a picture of your build?

Thanks you both for the reply.
So, before this setup i was on eGo ONE Mega in TC with .40ohms, now i got .35, with 3 mg/ml nic that is still the same that im using now. I try to vape the old 50 50 juice and even new 80vg 20pg but is still the same result.
I'll try to reduce the flavoring and i'll see what happens.
Here a pic of the build.

Really thanks for the help

Attachments

• DSC_0005.JPG
    DSC_0005.JPG
    988.8 KB · Views: 66

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
You might not getting enough air under the coils, due to too much/long wicks. The wicks only have to touch the deck.

I try your suggestion about wicks and it feels a little better but the problem is basically the same, thank you anyway.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I used to do a similar dual coil build with Kanthal A1 clocking in at around 0.3 Ohm. Depending on the juice, I could vape it between 50-70 W. Therefore, I'm thinking, you have too much wicking material in the coil, choking up the juice flow, thus getting dry hits.

BluelineVapor

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I too am thinking hot negative leg. The indestructible isn't exactly the most co-operative beginner rda, due to the different height positive post and large build area. Personally I would put in a spaced coil since you have all that room anyway, and it would shorten the distance your negative leg needs to travel as well. Im assuming you correctly played with your coil and some ceramic tweezers to get rid of hot spots, it should glow from inside out evenly.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
like @BluelineVapor said, it sounds like a hot leg, or check at the center post and make sure the two positive leads are touching the coil on the opposite side.
the best way ive found to buil on it is to set the center leads in then put the negatives in through the side,

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Just do it minus 2 wraps and then you can bump it up. You did 7, do 5... or do the 7 in 2 or 2.5mm ....

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Vapin_4_Real

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
You could also try doing twisted wire. I find I get a much smoother vape doing twisted versus single wire.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Hello guys, i just get my first RDA and i plugged it on my reuleaux RX200 after learning a bit on how to build and similar. Right now im using wire in kanthal A1 24ga for a dual coil with 3 millimiter of diameter and with 7 spiral each one.
It's all fine when i vape at 40 w but i can't find great improvement from my previous non rebuildable atomizer about flavour and clouds and if i try to push up my watts i get really bad taste just at second shot and a "dry" hit that hurts at level of lungs.
What i'm doing wrong? Why i can't pull up Watts? Can you give me some advice for a better flavour and better clouds?
Thank you guys.

Use more wick, and ejuice. That coil set up will burn more juice the higher you go in wattage. A nice, simple scots roll should do, but make sure it is snug inside the core and the ends are fluffy and stuffed down into your juice well. Keep it well juiced. I think that build is hitting about 0.33 ohm. I am probably pretty close if you went to steamengine to check. Now, you SHOULD be able to vape quite nicely at 70w. So if you are getting a burnt taste above 40w, check your coils to make sure they are both firing. You might need to tighten them down a bit or reseat them in the posts. OR you might have to toss the build and start again. (that pretty much always works)
And as another poster said.. it could be a hot leg.
http://www.steam-engine.org/coil.asp?s=dp&r=0.33&hfnw=70&awg=24&id=3

epemullen

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thank you guys.

from the picture i`ve seen, you seem didn`t play with the adjusment of coil properly, heating and glowing from inside of both coil at the sametime. Try get rid of those hot spots and wicking it all over again..

from the picture, what i see is an untouched coil they didnt even changed colors evenly..

by the way, its just a noob conclusion.. and what tipe of improvement you really aim?

VU Sponsors