VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
http://www.sltrib.com/home/3246691-155/industry-says-new-e-cig-rule-could

"The state is considering requiring all of the nicotine-containing oils used in e-cigarettes to carry a warning label stating, "Nicotine is addictive and poisonous. Keep away from children and pets."

"Under the proposed rule, the warning would have to take up 30 percent of the largest panel on the bottle of liquid and be written in all-capital letters in one of three fonts."

"But Tad Jensen, president of the Utah Smoke Free Association and owner of a shop that sells e-cigarettes, told lawmakers that between 70 percent and 80 percent of the liquids sold in the state are from outside of Utah or from overseas, and the producers he had contacted said they were unwilling to spend the money to comply with Utah's labeling requirement."

I am going to have to side with the asshole politicians on this one guys.

They don't know if eliquid manufacturers will comply or not because the law hasn't taken effect yet.

If they wanted to PROFIT from their eliquid they would comply.

Besides you just get some handy stickers and put them on the liquid when you get it.

I got these Drake's Eliquids the other day that did just what I am proposing:

The one on the left has no sticker and the one on the right does.
It would cost next to nothing to comply because the stickers could be used for every 15ml bottle, another set of stickers could be used with every 30ml bottle in the entire shop/state.

20151201_103809.jpg 20151201_103826.jpg 20151201_103850.jpg

This "never give them anything" approach we take to vaping regulation just may leave us with 99.9% of the products off the market if we fight to comply with a simple non existent but potential child poisoning label law..

"The proposed rule also limits the concentrations of nicotine that can be in the liquids, requires that the liquids be sealed to prevent tampering and mandates that the packaging have childproof caps. It also requires manufacturers to comply with federal safety guidelines and to maintain records that state regulators could inspect."

"I'm not hearing any openness to a solution or flexibility that gets us to the objective," Madsen said, "without having these tremendous collateral consequences."

"Lawmakers said they anticipate looking into the e-cigarette regulation further before manufacturers are required to comply with the rules in July."

Lawmakers are looking to give them some leeway so if these rocket scientist vendors don't come upon this thread or think of my deal on their own then it's their own dumb ass fault.

Maybe if they comply with the fucking warning label they will get a pass on the nic levels which the actual amount is unmentioned in the story - 5150

What do my fearless readers out there in Internet land think?

Last edited:

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I see no threat on putting the labeling on there, too bad it took many many years before big tobacco was made to do the same, ironic

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Big Tobacco spent over a freaking Hundred Million dollars on legal fees fighting any warning labels whatsoever. Eliquid manufactures don't have that kind of cash laying around. Just put the labels on the bottles, make them with child proof caps and seal them with heat shrink tamper indicator plastic. Might cost an additional whopping .35 per bottle, on a product that the manufacturers make at least 2000% profit on.

VU Sponsors