Become a Patron!

Innokin EQ kit - first impressions

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I won an EQ kit from @Heaven Gifts and am happy to a review on it. The fact it was a gift will not alter my opinion. I got a purple device

e3tsdNN.jpg

The EQ Starter Kit 800mAh is a pod system from Innokin with a few innovations. It uses a t 0.5ohm plexus coil. They call it a mesh coil although it looks like a notch coil to me. The claim is that you will get superior flavour with a larger heating element and a mesh design. It should also last longer than a regular coil.

Now I was forewarned to properly prime the device. You need to fill it and let it sit 10-15 minutes. Then you need to take five to ten dry pulls. Then you need to start at 13.5 watts and not got to 15 watts until filly primed. This way the coil lasts and does not burn.

The pod is the best fill method I’ve seen yet. Simply twist the bottom and expose two holes. One lets the air escape and the other you fill. I’ve yet to have the pod leak on me. Bravo Innokin. Thwere is one problem. The pod is way too dark and it is way too difficult to see the juice level. And you don’t want to use up the juice, fire and burn the coil! The pod fits into place with magnets. It has a cover too - which I never used …

g4DJxU2.jpg

PEY0Cyi.jpg

So the device … it has a really nice comfortable feel and a nicer finish. It has a fire button on the side - three clicks on/off. This is a pro. To change modes - regular or boost - just turn the device doff and press the button until it changes form white to red (13.5 -15.5). Once you turn the device back on it will remember your choice. For MTL I preferred the regular mode.

So all this aside - how does it vape? The flavour is one of the best I’ve experienced with a pod device. Love it. It is a nice warm vape too. The draw is not loose - nor should it be for an MTL device.

agMbery.jpg

Contents:

1 x Innokin EQ Device
1 x USB Charging Cable
1 x User Manual
1 x Battery safety card
1 x Filling pod guide
1 x Warranty Card

Specs:

Size: 90 x 35 x 15mm
Capacity: 2ml
Battery: 3.7V/Built-in 800mAh
Standby current: 50uA max
Maximum current: 9.5A
Charging current: 5V/0.5A (EST. time: 2h)
Coil: Plexus 0.5ohm Coil
Adjustable regular/boost mode
Ultra-compact design
Colours: Red, Grey, Blue, Purple, Black

Pros
Has a button to fire
Has the best fill port I’ve seen yet
Has excellent battery life
Has two modes
It’s ergonomic and well built

Cons
Pod too dark
Only comes with one pod - c’mon.

So my final thoughts? I bought a second device in red! What can I say. This device works well and tastes great. You can get them here:

https://www.heavengifts.com/

Last edited:

VU Sponsors