Inside: Bo Burnham Releases Unused Footage of 2021 Netflix Special

Status
Not open for further replies.

VUBot

Staff member
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Last year, Bo Burnham's Inside got a lot of attention because of its unique musical take on life during the COVID-19 pandemic. Now, on the one-year anniversary of the Netflix special, Burnham has released over an hour of outtakes that didn't end up making the final cut.

Burnham shadow dropped the unreleased footage on Twitter and YouTube today, writing, "a year ago today, i released a special called inside. i've spent the last two months editing together material that i shot for the special but didn’t end up using. it will be on my youtube channel in one hour. i hope you enjoy it."

a year ago today, i released a special called inside. i've spent the last two months editing together material that i shot for the special but didn’t end up using. it will be on my youtube channel in one hour. i hope you enjoy it.

— Bo Burnham (@boburnham) May 31, 2022

You can now watch the 63-minute video on Burnham's YouTube page. The video includes unused sketches, songs, and more that didn't make it into the 83-minute final cut. The footage was filmed between March 2020 and May 2021, and Burnham started editing this unreleased footage just last month.

IGN nominated Burnham for best director of a movie last year, where we called the special "one of the most unforgettable pieces of quarantine viewing." It also won best music direction, writing, and directing for a variety special at the 2021 Primetime Emmy Awards, along with a handful of other accolades.

For more on Bo Burnham, check out how his sitcom on Netflix, Zach Stone Is Gonna Be Famous, is more relevant than ever.

Logan Plant is a freelance writer for IGN. You can find him on Twitter @LoganJPlant.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors