Become a Patron!

intro

954kevin

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
hi everyone! my name is kevin n im fairly new to vaping. i smoked a pack n a half a day for 17 years. my dad got some unsettling news about a chest x-ray. he has been a smoker for over 30 years. there were some suspicious spots they didnt think were cancer but couldnt tell without a biopsy. they decided they would first wait 6-9 months n do another x-ray to see if there were any changes and do a biopsy then if there were. of course they told himto stop smoking. it was a pretty hard bit of news to get.

so i decided it was time to make a change. i purchased an evod 2 starter kit and some 36mg ejuice from heathers heavenly vapors after much research. at first i was fairly intimidated by all the choices in equipment. i had used the throw away ecigs before n knew those were not going to do me any good getting off analogs.

the evod kit was better but still left me wanting altho it did get me to the next stage in my vaping. i got tired of constantly replacing coils and watching youtube videos of people blowing clouds. so i bought an istick 30w and a subtank mini along with some kathol n japanese cotton.

that was an excellent choice. id suggest anyone thinking of trying to switch to make the investment n get something similar. those work wonderful together. ive since bought a few other tanks. ive got a lemo 2 comming in the mail to go with the new istick 40w temp control on pre order. looking forward to that. its not all the time but i get a lung fulla dry hit now n then and im hoping the temp control with the ni-200 will curb that unpleasant occurrence.

so i guess you could say its kind of a hobby now. : ) i like doing the builds n watching videos n stuff. ik dont have a huge budget to throw away on the stuff so i try n make good choices by doing research online first.

ive also just ordered some diy juice stuff n am going to try n do my own n save some money. i started at 36mg n worked my way down to 0mg. each step was a bit of a struggle, the last being the hardest. : ) however, it was a much smoother process than trying to quit smoking cold turkey. i would call it a success at this point being 6 months smoke free.

my health has made improvements as well. first my lungs cleared up. before at night when id lay down i could hear my lungs raspy with tar. they sounded like a bubbling train whistle or something. that got better first. then my smell came back. then my sense taste got better. i went for my check-up recently and my higher than normal blood pressure was perfect. my doc said quitting cigarettes was probably thesingle best thing i could have done for my health. he said he thinks the best thing to put in your lungs is air but he was happy i used the vapor to get off the analogs. i hafta agree. i think there are probably some risks involved with using vapor but i have absolutely no doubt its staggeringly better for you than cigarettes.

since switching im happy to say my dad has also switched and is feeling the same effects i experienced. he went for his follow up x-ray and those spots are shrinking. they said they were likely just what they called nodes. common in long time smokers. since they are in decline they didnt think a biopsy was needed and dont think they are malignant. im also happy to say ive got my younger sister, mom and best friend switched over as well. all of us combined have over 100 years of smoking cigarettes and im very happy to be here with them making a change for the better.

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to the VU.
Good to hear your story.
Enjoy.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Very nice intro and look into your journey, I hope it continues and you enjoy all the information and great members we have here at VU.
Welcome :)

Broadside Vaporz

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Great story & great news!

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Awesome job, Kevin! Glad to have you here and that your family jumped on the train with you. Welcome to VU :)

Manimal3497

Manimalizer
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Welcome-Glitters-62.gif

DickyT

╭∩╮(-_-)╭∩╮
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Welcome to VU, vape on!

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Welcome and congrats to you and to your family!

VU Sponsors