Become a Patron!

Iowa says Vape On!

cage

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
New member and a very new vaper here. About 6 weeks ago I bought my first setup (roughly 30 minutes after buying my last pack of smokes) and after 5 days I quit smoking. The only drawback to vaping that I have found so far is that now I now have a new hobby and haven't seen the cost savings yet. My first setup was a Smok M80+ with an Arctic Subtank bought locally....and then a few days later I bought an eGo One for pocket carry....and then I realized that I like mods. And every new mod needs a new tank right?

Nonetheless, other than a craving now and then for an analog, I do not missing smoking at all and have no desire to buy a pack when I'm getting a cup of coffee every morning at the gas station. Nothing but good things to say about this transition!

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Welcome cage, that's excellent news! I just made myself vape through it, but it took me 3 or 4 weeks to get there. Glad you found us :)
The money spent on gear really does pay off. It slows down, picks up speed at different intervals, but it really is cheaper and you'll definitely feel better than with smoking.

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to the VU,

cage

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Welcome cage, that's excellent news! I just made myself vape through it, but it took me 3 or 4 weeks to get there. Glad you found us :)
The money spent on gear really does pay off. It slows down, picks up speed at different intervals, but it really is cheaper and you'll definitely feel better than with smoking.

Thanks! Yeah.....just like anything else, I need to work to find a setup that really works for me. Well....two setups....work and home. But it's always good to have spares and options on the table! Other than one of the mod/tank rigs that I picked up, I am happy with them all for their various purposes and uses.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
My back ups told me they were lonely, so I needed more back ups. Gotta keep them happy, right?

cage

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My back ups told me they were lonely, so I needed more back ups. Gotta keep them happy, right?

This ^^!! Lonely mods make for unsatisfying vapes which is why I need more stuff. Just as I told my wife ;-)

DickyT

╭∩╮(-_-)╭∩╮
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Welcome to VU, Vape on! I have been vaping 7 months total now and not found the cost savings. I would say I am easily spending double so far :eek: But do I care? fuck no... I am so happy to know that I have 'replaced' cigs in my life with something that is not nearly as bad, tastes great, smells great, caters to the tinkerer in me, and brought me to a great community! I never searched out a smokers forum... :p

Manimal3497

Manimalizer
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Welcome-Glitters-62.gif

Kwest

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Welcome to VU Cage! I'm glad your transition from analogues to vaping hasn't been too much of a struggle. :) I've been smoke free and vaping since 2103. The only struggle I have is hmmm, which flavor do I want to start my day off with today OR asking myself, "do I really need another new tank" LOL. I'll take those struggles over cigarette addiction anyday.

VU Sponsors