Become a Patron!

IPV3 upgrade issue ?

Hey guys, Hi. ............ I'll introduce myself properly in the moring and in the right place, just itching to get this sorted!

Quite fresh to vaping and the IPV3, been going about 3 months and loving it.

Started on a Vamo V5 and Aspire Nautilus, which I still use for convenience when out.
Just bought an IPV3 150W for the hell of it, to build RDA's and have a bit of fun blowing big clouds! Dark Horse atty on the way!

I've just upgraded my IPV 3 to 165 and 0.08ohm, all went well with the upgrade but something has changed from what it was.
When I first had it I could power up, hit the fire button and adjust wattage up or down to whatever I wanted with either up or down buttons.

Now when I power up hit the fire button I have to hit the down button before the up or it just goes to memories. If hit the up button first it goes straight to the memories??

I can't seem to get it to just go up and down as it did before, it keeps wanting to go to memories.
If I hit the down button before the fire button to bring it out of stand by it drops the wattage by .1w but then when I hit the up button it jumps back to memory.
If I wake it hitting the down button as above and just fire / vape it puts that lower value ( -.1) into the last used memory, re-writes it.

Hope that all make sense.

What am I doing wrong or is it a bug in the upgrade ??? ............... It's certainly not operating like it was before!

Frustrating!

Hope you can help guys because this is real fun even though I'm 52 ;) ................ Not touched a cig and I've been smoking since I was 9 !

Cheers, Styks.

Last edited:
Here's the email I just sent to Pioneer4U.

"Hi, I have one of your IPV3's and just upgraded to 165W & 0.08ohm.

The operation has changed, it's not as it was. I'll try and explain.

When I first had the IPV3 unit I could switch on, adjust the wattage up or down using the up/down buttons and vape.

Now when I power up the unit and hit the up wattage button it goes straight to memories. If I hit the down button first it drops wattage by .1 and then I can hit the up button to increase wattage to the level I require but then when I hit the fire button and vape it puts that new value into the last used memory.
If I wake the unit from stand by by hitting the down wattage button it reduces the value as above by .1W and I can hit the up button to increase value but then as above when I fire and vape it puts the new value into last used memory again.

If I wake from standby but hitting the up button it goes to last used memory.

No matter what I try I can't get it to adjust wattage up and down without changing a memory value?

It's like it's stuck in memory mode?

Please help, most of the time I like to adjust the value up/down without touching the memories.

Also I use my Aspire Nautilus on it and then use memory 1 which I set to 9W.
As it is I could unintentionally change memory 1 and put 165W into my Aspire Nautilus!
I'm sure you can imagine what would happen if I did that, 165W in to Aspire equals one violently blown coil, that could be dangerous!

Regards,
Steve."

I'll contact the guy I bought it from also.

VU Sponsors