Become a Patron!

Is it okay to vape in car with windows up?

McNuggetLover

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I really enjoy sitting in my car and vaping with the windows up (( I like smelling the vapor and seeing it)).
But I read some people saying it sticks to stuff and windows...
I don't wanna ruin my nice interior but not sure if that is even true.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It will build up on say your front windshield if you blow it in that direction regularly. I vape in my car with windows up, always with the air on blowing at my face and blow to the side now (it was a pain to clean that buildup off), and I haven't had the buildup come back in any noticeable way, but I'm sure there is some residue in places.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If you use high PG, it doesn't build up at all. Everytime I try to roll the window down, my husband gives me a weird look and hits the button on his side to put it back up, and sez "It's NOT smoke!"

:D
Andria

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If it's high VG you'll end up with a smeary mess on your windows and a film on the upholstery...

McNuggetLover

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ah, so the windows will get all foggy I guess... Well, is it easy to clean off ?

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ah, so the windows will get all foggy I guess... Well, is it easy to clean off ?
No, not at all. Just smears like mad with Windex, took probably 10 passes to clean it up and it's still not perfect. Though, I remember someone mentioning cleaning and treating your windows with Rainex anti fog cleaner worked well and helped prevent the issue repeating, I haven't tried it yet though.

VaporCarp

#BlackRiflesMatter
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Alcohol and newspaper works well for me. Well, for my Wife, she's my window cleaner

Superjeep

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vaping high VG juice with the windows up is essentially like misting armor all on everything and not just your vinyl dash. The good news is your dash will always look good and never dry and crack so there is that.

McNuggetLover

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yea guess I will have to leave windows up, I don't want to ruin my interior since it looks nice.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No, not at all. Just smears like mad with Windex, took probably 10 passes to clean it up and it's still not perfect. Though, I remember someone mentioning cleaning and treating your windows with Rainex anti fog cleaner worked well and helped prevent the issue repeating, I haven't tried it yet though.
I got some rainex, one spray 2 wipes, gone

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When it seems like they are dirty, probably 2-3 times a year, been vaping for 5

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I vape 80-90VG, occasionally even higher. I had to clean the inside of my windshield at least every other day. Windex "all surface" worked just fine. However, since I didn't wanted to clean my windshield this often, I just crack the side window a bit.

Gheed

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I clean my truck windows twice a week. Picked up this little bagie with window wipes at my B&M. Doubt they will work but but hey it was only $2.50.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The answer to the question is up to the owner of the car. I use this on my windows and still looking for reside when I detail the truck every couple of weks.

k2-_2c9ae451-3ba0-4d9d-a32e-c4580ce01187.v2.jpg

marco67

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I use vinegar, at 1 to 1 with distilled water.
The rainex sounds better though..

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't wanna be with this dude on the freeway
SMH
BLOW UR VAPOR OUTSIDE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Makes my car smell lovely.... :D.....hot, soapy water takes it off pretty easily, followed by a dry towel wipe.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The windows should be easy enough to clean.
As long as you don't fog the inside of your car to the point that you can't see where yr going, it's all good.

wheelie

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sticks to the windows massively in cool damp weather. Sometimes after a couple days you can forget about driving at night unless you clean them. I keep Windex and paper towels in my truck at all times. I vape with my window cracked open. It is actually a pain because you go somewhere and windows are fine and in evening jump in to come home and they are foggy. Happy window cleaning to you with them closed!. LOL CHEERS!

McNuggetLover

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I don't wanna be with this dude on the freeway
SMH
BLOW UR VAPOR OUTSIDE

If I am driving and have someone with me I crack the windows down...
Not going to have clouds in my face while driving.
But there's not a point to me to keep windows cracked if I am parked waiting in parking lot or something, the smell of it is great and if you're bored waiting it gives me something to look at.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If I am driving and have someone with me I crack the windows down...
Not going to have clouds in my face while driving.
But there's not a point to me to keep windows cracked if I am parked waiting in parking lot or something, the smell of it is great and if you're bored waiting it gives me something to look at.
Oh ok, I thought you plan to blow clouds while driving, that shit dangerous....
Yup i do the same thing, I take my breaks in my car sometimes and I fog the shit of my SUV..
Imagine when I open the door...

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I like to open both front windows and blow the vape out the window in the direction of the wind or breeze. Funny when someone catches the smell walking by and you see they approve by the look on their face.

McNuggetLover

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Oh ok, I thought you plan to blow clouds while driving, that shit dangerous....
Yup i do the same thing, I take my breaks in my car sometimes and I fog the shit of my SUV..
Imagine when I open the door...

Yea it's funny when I open the door the vapor looks like clouds coming out of my car and people are like "wth?".

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got that many times
Red Dodge Charger
24 dub
Full tinted
Boom boom
Muffler srt8
Traded my baby for a Lincoln Navigator never got a
DWFB
FTP

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hey I have gotten pulled over for DWW for driving in the wrong neighborhood.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Oh really? By a black cop?

No, it was a Latino cop and I was working a late night in a Mall. Was like 4AM and I took a wrong turn on the way home and wound up in an area with ladies of the evening walking around and the guys who stand on the corner selling little packets. Dressed in business casual tired as all crap and was on the phone with a project manager. PM told me to leave the phone connected so he could listen in!

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No, it was a Latino cop and I was working a late night in a Mall. Was like 4AM and I took a wrong turn on the way home and wound up in an area with ladies of the evening walking around and the guys who stand on the corner selling little packets. Dressed in business casual tired as all crap and was on the phone with a project manager. PM told me to leave the phone connected so he could listen in!
Ahhh.... Oh shit...

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Best part was when the cop saw my phone and asked if I was recording it! I said I wasn't but my Project Manager might be because all phone calls are recorded for quality control. He handed me back my license and registration and told me to be safe! On the rest of the drive home we laughed our asses off joking about was I looking for some company with one of the girls!

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Seems most cops will pull over innocent people rather then targeting drug dealers/ bad people lol..

They also love harassing menopausal housewives whose husbands are acting like tools, thus causing the menopausal housewife to have a meltdown.

Andria

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
This is New York and not that many innocent people running around at 4AM.

:bliss:

celticluvr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Cops seemed to favor pulling my daddy over every sunday morning right when we were turning onto our road (which there is a church right next to my folks place ) Just cause they thought he was drunk. Poor guy could never drive in a straight line. :giggle:

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Cops called on me twice, for vaping in car (an innocent Hyundai Sonata) in hotel lot. Once in NJ, once in NH. Can't vape in room, even in bathroom sets off smoke alarm in other room if cloud get past gaps in door. First time in NJ. thoroughly detained and investigated, for 30 minutes. Searched the car. Had 2 tanks, 2 mods. In this region, I would need to stand in the open for all to see, but away from anyone. Last few days, however, I've seen a lot of vapers in the wild, so maybe awareness is growing as the weather turns nice. Seeing mods and RDA's too, not just cigalikes and eGo's. Many don't like smokers, but know what it is, and just keep walking if it's not their thing.

DURASPANK

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm a windows up person. Since I went sub-ohm I can get it to look like Cheech and Chongs ride. LoL
Have had cops pull me in my Celica but never in my mega cab. It's funny to see the look on their face when they get to window and realize a 53yr old driving. My celica looks like a young kids car.
Add a lil alcohol to your window cleaner work wonders. Car detailer told me about it years ago.

VU Sponsors