Become a Patron!

Is it safe and legal to smoke an e-cigarette with kids in the car?

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/glob...garette-with-kids-in-the-car/article28952031/

With vaping, it’s not really known what the contents are — potentially, people are mixing in it up in their garage or in a basement somewhere in China,” says the Lung Association’s McDonald. “There’s very little disclosure of the vaping liquid and when it is disclosed, it’s usually just a long list of chemically-sounding names.”

Propylene Glycol
Vegetable Glycerin
Nicotine
Flavoring

It's not our fault this dumb ass doesn't know what's in eliquid:
3a26a84.jpg

"The Lung Association believes people should inhale nothing except “fresh, clean air,” McDonald says.

"Burstyn, who wrote a 2014 paper looking at whether contaminants in e-cigarette vapour exceeded workplace exposure standards, says “we have a pretty good idea what’s in e-cigarettes.”

“There are patents and there have been thousands of analyses,” he says. “These are all known chemicals - some like formaldehyde have been studied for years.”

The levels in e-cig vapour all meet workplace safety limits, Burstyn says.

“If you’re working in a factory and there are these levels in the air, you would not be worried,” Burstyn says. “You and I are inhaling formaldehyde right now as we speak - it does not mean these levels are harmful.”

There’s no evidence that vaping is “100 per cent safe” and there is evidence that the vapour can cause problems for people with pre-existing health conditions, Burstyn says.

But, it’s replacing smoking, which is a known killer, he says.

“It’s nothing like smoking tobacco - it gives that nicotine hit and flavour without the harm and risk of cigarettes,” he says. “I don’t smoke, I don’t vape - I just look at the numbers and see that it reduces smoking and has no discernible harm to bystanders.”

And, in most Canadian cities, you’re breathing in a lot more than clean, fresh air anyway.

“I don’t think e-cigs are adding very much to the risk caused by air pollution,” he says."

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It might be safe
But why would you show your kids that ur blowing vapor?? , I won't do it

Vape On

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
In the U.K. Having gas and ripping a fart in the car apparently endangers children in the car, but 12 year olds slamming Pints of beer and cheap Tesco cider doesn't. I watched in amazement as a group of youths bought a 2 liter bottle each of Tesco ale and Cider with a few bags of crisps (tater chips) in a Tesco market when I was working in the U.K. They were clearly younger than 14.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well, if you're smoking an e-cig, you're doing it wrong.

Secondly... I smoked in the house, in the car... so why WOULDN'T I vape in the car? Any child in a vehicle with me would have been in far worse danger from the distraction of cravings, than from either a cigarette or a vape. Without a smoke (then) or a vape (now), I cannot put my attention on my driving, I'm too busy thinking about the craving. The world is not prepared for me to be behind the wheel while craving.

Andria

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
over 18,000 fatal accident occur evey year in the home....so this is why I think as vapers we should call on our legislatures to introduce legislation that makes it a crime to bring your child into your home...we as compassionate people can no longer allow our innocent children to be subjected to these death camps we laughingly call home any longer...I move that goverment centers be built where every aspect and every activity within these camps...sorry I mean these goverment love wombs be monitored 25/8....just read of the risks your child is subjected to.

http://money.usnews.com/money/blogs...tal-home-injury-deathsand-how-to-prevent-them

Last edited:

VU Sponsors