Become a Patron!

Is it safe? Please help me' still new to vaping..read below

LuckkyPatron773

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi' i just bought a reuleaux rx200s along with mutation x v5 ss and 3 lg hg2 3000mah batterys and a luc charger ....vendor thru in a set of 2 staggered fused clapton prebuilt i installed and its reading .11 ohms , orginally i was just doing simple builds with a1 kanthal wire 24g with a coil master jigkit and usually vaping .32 .29 ohms this the first time i went as low as .11 ohms ...usually vape in the wattage of anywhere from 60 to 80 watts but now im up to 95watts on the .11 ohms , my first question is are my 3 batterys ok for .11 ohms at 95watts?...if not what batterys would you suggest ..2nd question is how often to charge batterys i usually tend to charge when they drop to 40 from a full battery of 100 percent , and right away take em off charger once fully charged , since my charger is only a 2 set ima be getting a 6 set charger soon dnt like using usb port to charge and i got two mods the one i started on joytech cuboid my friend gave me to get off cigs and got me off the first week havent had a cig in a month ina half but that mods beat up something wrong with battery door seems like one battery aint connecting can give the bottom door the sligest push and it turns on but felt it wasnt safe anymore so i bought the reuleaux, any tip or saggestion would be appreciated unfortunately i looked up ohms law but am not very good with chart and im still new and trying to play it safe guys please dnt bash me for wanting to learn from somebody whos already experienced then trying to figure out what everything means on my own

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Since you are using a regulated (Varible Voltage / Wattage) mod you should be fine.

You are using high drain batteries that are rated at 20amps continuous

0.11 ohms at 95 watts is drawing around 29.4 amps.

I wouldn't go above 110 watts at that ohm rating or any lower in ohms just to be super safe

LuckkyPatron773

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thx bruh good looking out wanted a second opinon , my friend said if anything that it would just turn off or say check atomizer but wanted to be sure ...i know its regulated but better safe then sorry

VapeS1000r

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Since you are using a regulated (Varible Voltage / Wattage) mod you should be fine.

You are using high drain batteries that are rated at 20amps continuous

0.11 ohms at 95 watts is drawing around 29.4 amps.

I wouldn't go above 110 watts at that ohm rating or any lower in ohms just to be super safe

Wait just a minute.

I thought the formula for ohm safety was:

Volt / amp cdr = minimum ohm

4.2 / 20 = 0.21

Our fella OP is half of that...

Are you sure?????

Because going lower than 0.21 ohms goes against everything I've learned the past month.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Wait just a minute.

4.2 / 20 = 0.21

Are you sure?????

Because going lower than 0.21 ohms goes against everything I've learned the past month.
If you are on a mech then yes, Regulated mods work a little different and have safeties built in to protect the batteries.

IMFire3605

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Wait just a minute.

4.2 / 20 = 0.21

Are you sure?????

Regulated mod the ohm's law formula uses wattage and lowest battery charge before mod shutoff is highest amp draw
watt setting/lowest charge level/90% mod chipset efficiency=max amps pulled
Example from OP's settings
95/9.6/90%=10.9954amps (being series config the voltage is 3.2v each battery, triple battery series that figure is X3 so 9.6)

@OP
You are plenty safe at the moment. With such a low exotic build, with how much wire needs heating you had to up your normal wattage. Trade off of efficiency for that metal is all. Believe the rx200s the ohm cut off is 0.1ish for wattage mode so 0.09 and below wouldn't fire. Batteries are good batteries, get another set soon if you don't have one yet, one set in service and usage, 2nd set charging and resting. Just remember each charging, pull all batteries up to same full charge before using the set to keep stress on them lower (charge 2 on charger once those are charged you charge the third before you use that set), remember to mark those batteries as a married set, bought together, charged together, used only together until death do they part, never to cheat alone or with another battery/set. Once you get another set and at least a 4 bay charger, get into this habit is suggested, pull from mod set next to charger about 30 - 60 minutes, put on charger and charge them, pull off charger, set aside to rest about 30 - 60 minutes, this gives the batteries time to settle down and relax before shifting ions around so they are not volatile all the time.

For Ohm's Law just grasp the principle of it, understanding that volts, resistance (ohm's), wattage (power), and current (amps) all play together, change one the other 3 change or affect the others. Android and apple iOS both app stores have ohm's law calculators to help though the 2 primary formulas vaping uses are
Mech/unregulated
Volts/ohm's=amps
Regulated
(Watts/lowest Volts)/90% mod efficiency=amps
It is pretty basic algebra

Don't feel being here asking questions, we all start out crawling before we learn to walk and run, the stupid question is the one never asked.

VapeS1000r

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Regulated mod the ohm's law formula uses wattage and lowest battery charge before mod shutoff is highest amp draw
95/9.6/90%=10.9954amps (being series config the voltage is 3.2v each battery, triple battery series that figure is X3 so 9.6)

World you kindly further elaborate.

IMFire3605

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
World you kindly further elaborate.

It is pretty much mod specific what the mod chipset efficiency is, on a regulated mod all ohm's relate to is the lowest they will fire and how to calculate what voltage to fire for a certain wattage setting. They will not fire higher or lower than the voltage output they are designed for or amp draw they can sustain. A mechanical and unregulated mod will just fire at what the battery has available so the ohm's are the only throttle they have, thus the two different formulas used depending on the mod.

Sitting on the couch

LuckkyPatron773

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

@OP
You are plenty safe at the moment. With such a low exotic build, with how much wire needs heating you had to up your normal wattage. Trade off of efficiency for that metal is all. Believe the rx200s the ohm cut off is 0.1ish for wattage mode so 0.09 and below wouldn't fire. Batteries are good batteries, get another set soon if you don't have one yet, one set in service and usage, 2nd set charging and resting. Just remember each charging, pull all batteries up to same full charge before using the set to keep stress on them lower (charge 2 on charger once those are charged you charge the third before you use that set), remember to mark those batteries as a married set, bought together, charged together, used only together until death do they part, never to cheat alone or with another battery/set. Once you get another set and at least a 4 bay charger, get into this habit is suggested, pull from mod set next to charger about 30 - 60 minutes, put on charger and charge them, pull off charger, set aside to rest about 30 - 60 minutes, this gives the batteries time to settle down and relax before shifting ions around so they are not volatile all the time.

For Ohm's Law just grasp the principle of it, understanding that volts, resistance (ohm's), wattage (power), and current (amps) all play together, change one the other 3 change or affect the others. Android and apple iOS both app stores have ohm's law calculators to help though the 2 primary formulas vaping uses are
Mech/unregulated
Volts/ohm's=amps
Regulated
(Watts/lowest Volts)/90% mod efficiency=amps
It is pretty basic algebra

Don't feel being here asking questions, we all start out crawling before we learn to walk and run, the stupid question is the one never asked.

Yeah i was under the impression the lower the ohms the faster the ramp up would be i was totally wrong altho the flavor is much better in that prebuilt coil and i dnt get spitback like i did on the kenthal 24 gage i got with this coil master jigkit i bought , im still on the verge looking for a coil thats gonna ramp up quicker and have great flavor smoke wise i nice lung full is cool dnt have to be like im some cloud contest lol and your right i do need another set of battery and a 6 port battery charger i originally bought a 2port luc charger and it sucks having to wait luckky i got the cuboid as a back up atm so i charge the battery i have married to that mod while im vaping the rx when these get to like 40 percent i endup charging these and using the cuboid atm good looking out and i appreciate the feed back i get from here

IMFire3605

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
You could try a parallel build, same principle of a basic coil only you wrap 2 wires together into a single coil side x side, or twist the wire tightly into a single strand before wrapping your coil. This will force you to double your wraps compared to a basic coil to keep the same resistance or close to it. You double your surface area, wire to wick and juice contact, which vaporizes 1 3/4 to 2 1/2 more juice at once, more juice vaporized at once = denser vapor and more flavor, especially with a twisted coil, gaps in the wire spiral pulls more juice and increases surface area even more. Though at between 1 1/2 to 2X the wattage you normally run at, though far more efficient power wise compared to a fused Clapton or more intricate exotic coil, basic Clapton coil (single core, single wrap wire) is also just as efficient as a twisted or parallel coil, imo.

Sitting on the couch

VU Sponsors