Become a Patron!

Is removing the 510 pin safe?

Married 2 The 7

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have a box mod that uses the old sigelei style 510 connector where you adjust it yourself. Not spring/floating pin. I have a problem making some tanks sit flush on it as I usually vape my Atlantis, and I was told to "remove the pin". Will this actually still work? Will my Atlantis still fire? and my biggest question and concern, is it safe? I asked several people what my options were to make different attys fit flush ontop or without me having to always adjust the pin and the majority just told me to just remove the pin. So just asking to see what you people think and if it is ok to do. I wish I had a floating pin :(

Cloudboss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If it is a regulated mod and it has short protection you should try because if somethings wrong it wont fire. I do not think it will even get connection if the pin is removed. I have seen all over the place of people having problems with the old connectors that Sigelli had on there 100watt's

Married 2 The 7

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If it is a regulated mod and it has short protection you should try because if somethings wrong it wont fire. I do not think it will even get connection if the pin is removed. I have seen all over the place of people having problems with the old connectors that Sigelli had on there 100watt's
Have a Vapeobox from Vapeoholic and honestly can't tell you what it has or doesn't or chip it is. I know its a regulated 150w box mod. Was a gift from the wife. Made a thread asking about the mod a while back. Maybe checking their site and looking at a pic of it might give you better info. :/

Cloudboss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I was checking it out, quite a hard product to find! Vapoholic.com failed to mention what type of chip is in it or if it has short protection. looking at the 510 connector you are working with I can say as long as the atty you are using has a pretruding** pin it wont short out. its either gonna work or not fire if the pin cant reach the bottom of the connector. I would assume it does have the short protection though

510s.jpg.html

Cloudboss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I tried to link in this pic in the previous post but i dont think it worked

Attachments

• 510s.jpg
    510s.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 9