Become a Patron!

Is the Vaping Culture its Own Worst Enemy?

Browncoat

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
aLJ75NW.jpg

http://www.v4p3r.com/is-the-vaping-culture-its-own-worst-enemy/

In a recent article, VapeAboutIt asked – Have Vapers Caused Our Own Downfall? The article questions the effectiveness of vaping advocacy efforts when vapers themselves seem to be trying their hardest to ruin vaping’s public image:

Have we really gone too far?

Kent B Marshall

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Extreme behavior is part of society. Pushing the edge is good for society. Will this be used against vaping ? - yes. Why, This photo doesn't support the message of behavior that most non-smokers are willing to accept. The false message of indoor air concerns with e-cigarette vapor aren't going to be helped. Huge clouds will attract attention which anti-vaping groups will declare attracts kids. With e-cigarettes. most of the non-smoking public isn't up on the knowledge on "how safe e-cigarettes are". With State governments and CDC looking for ways to misrepresent e-cigarettes this makes their job easier. Forcing vapers to defend extreme acts.

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Own worst enemy just because of cloud comps using pure VG with no nicotine? nah.
Videos and pics of minors doing it? possibly.

But it's rare to see a news report purely about the negative health effects of producing a big cloud.
Maybe the meteorologists will jump on it and say it';s effecting weather patterns. "There was a cloud comp in east bumblefuck last night and as a result, we are going to get heavy rain today instead of bright sun. All pool owners are being advised to cancel bathing suit competitions and hold wet t-shirt competitions instead"

Otherwise, I think it's pretty on par of saying that pitbull owners are hurting dog ownership.
Or that a steakhouse is helping animal activists.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
We are our own worst enemy!

One of my doctors used to allow me to vape in his office. Not a big deal as I had my device set to stun rather than kill.

Just took a puff every so often and held it until little to no vapor came out.

One day I was informed that I was not allowed to any more because a new patient, came in with some kind of mod and when the doctor told the guy he had one other patient that vaped, the idiot decided to blow a huge cloud into the doctors face and fog up the whole freaking examination room!

RoccoV

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have to go with UncleRJ sir on this one. I just want to not smoke. The community use to celebrate and encourage milestones reached not smoking. Now it seems like an endless stream of hand checks and cloud pics. Don't get me wrong, I'm a vape and let vape kind of guy, but with legislation pending in almost every state you might want to send a more palatable image. Enjoy the day!:cool:

VaporJoe

_ the end has arrived _
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
It happens with everything.
IF comic books have booth babes and a "counter culture" anything can.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
But it's rare to see a news report purely about the negative health effects of producing a big cloud.
Maybe the meteorologists will jump on it and say it';s effecting weather patterns. "There was a cloud comp in east bumblefuck last night and as a result, we are going to get heavy rain today instead of bright sun. All pool owners are being advised to cancel bathing suit competitions and hold wet t-shirt competitions instead"

this.. made me laugh.. thanks @zaroba

but yes, if we dont pay attention, someone else will..

VU Sponsors