Become a Patron!

is there a chart for tcr values for all the different wires?

JBrentonK

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Topic is about all the different wires TCR's. I believe TCR's are the true value of what wire temperature means for TC mods. But I have a dna 200 and cannot do all of my different TCR's unless I know the correct value. I must have an actual freakin value according to ESCRIBE anyway, that works within the resistance range of _____ to _____. Now I'm having a hard time of finding these "specific" values, and was wondering if anybody could please, at least for me, post the many different TCR values for the many different types of TC wires. I'm just about dying for a response. Reason being? Got a SS coil in the crown here, 1.2 ohm, dying to be vaped, just can't get him to be vaped, in TC mode that is. I get some amazing vape from it on my Istick TC100w though in TC, and can't wait to get the correct vape from my DNA200. Really looking forward to hearing what you have to say. Wish they had the specific presets for the different wires, yet then again, if they did that they would not be able to state that their values are more exact. So I suppose a bit of accuracy never hurts. Sure is difficult without a (insert chart) chart of these specific values.

Thanks in advance, and from all of us other DNA users out there! lol

JBrentonK

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
0.001 0.010 btw if you did not catch the hint, this range must be specifically between these values.

Come, all ye DNA 200 users!

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
moving the thread to regulated and temp control devices

JBrentonK

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Dude, been there done that, it does not tell me what I want to know. If it does, I am somehow completely wrong. But plz help! As I said, I'm practically dying for a response! And, ...Idk if yours is accurate enough! But, ... my response to you would be,

There are no values for the wires type I am looking for, it only tells me some very complicated stuff, stuff I am going to have to learn about maybe, surely not hopefully though, because it said the wire type is 30 freakin' guage SS, and I do not want specific "L's" or whatever, I just want the accurate SS TCR, Idk if tcrs themselves are accurate, aka, SS TCR's, but perhaps that would be a different question, wouldn't it? Why I guess I should say, then, are there not guides/charts to the specific TCR's? I've looked everywhere for these numbers, and I do NOT WANT SPECIFIC WIRE GUAGES, DIAMETERS, ETC. I WANT THE TCRS!!!

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
its all there, but you have to read it,.
what SS are you using? there are several different types

JBrentonK

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
thread moved to charts, guides, etc!...

lol

JBrentonK

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I believe it says SS316 on the coil itself, the 1.2, let me check. Nevertheless, I need SS 316 on the kanger subtank mini too. Maybe you can just tell me the values to these coils themselves or whatever--- and I'll check my coil while I wait. Sorry!!!

JBrentonK

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Do you know if the crown's 1.2 ohm coil is SS? BTW, I edited my post, it's a subtank mini not a subtank. Hey btw thanks for your troubles.

JBrentonK

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Dude it gives only complicated values for coil wrappers that r like super rda nerds or builders or w/e. It does not tell you the specific tcr for the different wires. Or does it?

JBrentonK

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
OH ONE MORE THING.

How did I find the website to steam engine? Thanks for what you've said so far.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Is this what you are looking for?

qDpbMVR.jpg

JBrentonK

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Dude you're wrong. This is all it has for me (to imput into EScribe... useless data):

Results
Resistance 1.029 Ω
Resistivity 15.1 Ω/m
TCR in vaping range 880 ×10-6
TC precision 905
Heat flux per Watt 18.32 mW/mm²
Heat capacity 13.92 mJ/K
Current per Volt 972.24 mA
Power dissipated 100 %
Diameter 0.26 mm
Length 68.13 mm
Surface area 54.58 mm²
Cross section area 0.05 mm²
Volume 3.48 mm³
Mass 27.84 mg
Density 8 g/ccm

Now nowhere on this list is the result of the equated SS wire that I need.... Waiting on your response.... Much appericiated....

JBrentonK

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thank you!

Now you tell me... be the judge... please.....

How did steam engine come into contact with evolve, after the obvious failure with the results on the SS wire as I showed in the above post!

LOL. MUCH APPERICIATED DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JBrentonK

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
zamazam,

steamengine and evolve r apparently side by side. But tell me, how did I FIND that website earlier? I want to know how other people r going to find it, and I am practically demanding this information. Because peeps will need to know... how to find that stupid chart as it was suggested too by freebyrd anyhow.

thx zazam

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Microsoft-Edge-Web-Notes-Wire-wiza55295765%20607157_zps7c3lzprt.jpg

everything you need is there, you can download the chart yourself if you use, chrome.
the tcr is there on the left and you can select the metal you want.
these

JBrentonK

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
How did I find it when I was in escribe trying to program TCR's, on on evolve's website looking to imput my TCRs.... That's exactly what I did. You tell me.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
did you watch the tutorial? James from evolve, the guy that designed the board, made several videos- the link is in my first post.
he explains it better than anynone.

JBrentonK

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Wrong, freebird. Wrong.

Also, your chart is wrong. Did I say that already? Oh, I meant it's too small. Too hard to see if it's giving me the TCR value range I specificed in my OP. You should know that.... Are you slow? Oh sorry for being rude, but you did notice that did you not? No, I believe steam engine needs to rethink they're vaping, and get up on the guy who showed the chart'js good side, that way newb vvapers like me can finally be happy knowing that, AT LEAST SOMEBODY!!! Knows what a correct TCR value is for evolves stupid necessities (ok so it's not stupid afterall)

JBrentonK

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sorry, it does not show the TCRs.

Why did I ask btw if it was connected with Evolv? Oh, I forgot, advanced vapers r not so advanced afterall.

One for the charts, one for the money, one for the vape!

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Wrong, freebird. Wrong.

Also, your chart is wrong. Did I say that already? Oh, I meant it's too small. Too hard to see if it's giving me the TCR value range I specificed in my OP. You should know that.... Are you slow? Oh sorry for being rude, but you did notice that did you not? No, I believe steam engine needs to rethink they're vaping, and get up on the guy who showed the chart'js good side, that way newb vvapers like me can finally be happy knowing that, AT LEAST SOMEBODY!!! Knows what a correct TCR value is for evolves stupid necessities (ok so it's not stupid afterall)

yes I am slow

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
zamazam,

steamengine and evolve r apparently side by side. But tell me, how did I FIND that website earlier? I want to know how other people r going to find it, and I am practically demanding this information. Because peeps will need to know... how to find that stupid chart as it was suggested too by freebyrd anyhow.

thx zazam
Steam Engine has been out there for a while, we reccommend it to new rebuilders for coil information, battery information, and DNA200 info/TCR value tables. I have no idea how you found that website earlier, I'm not telepathic (yet).

JBrentonK

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
that is a link to evolve, not steamengine's stupiditys. Btw, that is what we are talking about.

JBrentonK

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
NEW UPDATE!!!!

Sorry that chart is not specific. I get an error message on ESCRIBE when I put anything outside the range I specified.

Thus far, within this thread, guys you should know this...
NOBODY has specified a value that is suitable for my SS wire.

I asked for help, now y ou see what I got.

Thanks though.

JBrentonK

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Guys, I'm gonna come up with a trend. Making fun of advanced vapers for not understanding the terms of nubs. Think that's a good idea? A simple glance at this thread should really clear that one up. Maybe I'll make millions....

Who knows.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
maybe you should try reading the words with the link

one is a link to the course by james -THE DESIGNER OF THE DNA200- it is instructions on how to use the eboard
http://www.evolvapor.com/guide/story.html
the other link is to steam engine where you can get the information that you need
http://steam-engine.org/

I even put up a pic on where the information is you need to take from it.

if everyone is giving you the same information, how is it that we are all wrong? or just slow?

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
What specific TCR are you looking for? What grade of SS. I posted a chart above. If you would stop your temper tantrum for a minute and look at the chart and the thread I linked you too. You will see all the information you need!!
316l and my first post had that thread- but its more fun to be this way

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I have to say, after reading this thread, I highly doubt you'd make 12 cents on your ignorant ideas Brenton. You come in here asking for help with every post I've ever seen you create, people that have been vaping for YEARS try and help you and all you can do is belittle people and tell them how wrong they are. Maybe you just don't know how to properly use the gear you keep complaining about.

I try so hard not to post in these kinds of threads, but I've had enough of people being rude and mean all the time when people are only trying to help. Grow up.

JBrentonK

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My good friend, that is not the TCR specified resistance range for EScribe software, and therefore is not what I am asking for. This applies specifically to freebird, though too, and everybody else, that continues to post the same useless material. If I don't get the help I need I'll just post another thread. So FYI, keep that in mind.

JBrentonK

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Huckleberried, what do you have to say about my previous post? Perhaps learn to open up your eyes a little bit, and you'll see thing a little differently.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
dude, again ... HAVE YOU WATCHED THE INSTRUCTIONS
have you checked for an update?
there were updates that let you post lower TCR values.
we are giving you the information we use. so either every other board is broken or????

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dude I have 5 different DNA200's. Firebird has quite a few as well. We know how to set them up. You are just acting like a petulant child. I'm done trying to help you!

Last edited:

JBrentonK

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks for your "updated" post, mister freebird, I have already updated my software on the vt200 however,

and,

it specifies the TCR range I have stated, even now. So, my reckoning is try to update the firmware for it all over again. Guess I'll have a nut to pick with this one. Oh and millions of $ to make btw..

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Huckleberried, what do you have to say about my previous post? Perhaps learn to open up your eyes a little bit, and you'll see thing a little differently.
I've been following along and I see you insulting people at every turn is what I see. I think you're the one that needs to clean their glasses. people are trying to help you, you continue to insult people without even investigating the information provided to you. Lighten up, man. These guys know their gear.

And as far as you posting bullshit threads until you get the answer you WANT, we have tools for that, so tread lightly. We also have a points system here, so chill out.

JBrentonK

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
what's wrong wings? You posted like 2 times to this thread, and each time I was polite and understanding of your information. Every other post (freebird) has been to check the user manuels etc.

And huckleberried's response was kind of funny too.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Dude you're wrong. This is all it has for me (to imput into EScribe... useless data):

Results
Resistance 1.029 Ω
Resistivity 15.1 Ω/m
TCR in vaping range 880 ×10-6
TC precision 905
Heat flux per Watt 18.32 mW/mm²
Heat capacity 13.92 mJ/K
Current per Volt 972.24 mA
Power dissipated 100 %
Diameter 0.26 mm
Length 68.13 mm
Surface area 54.58 mm²
Cross section area 0.05 mm²
Volume 3.48 mm³
Mass 27.84 mg
Density 8 g/ccm

Now nowhere on this list is the result of the equated SS wire that I need.... Waiting on your response.... Much appericiated....
Yes it is... Do the math 880X10^6

JBrentonK

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Can't quite do that math. But yeah, I have checked the thread specified I believe by freebird, and all it is giving me is "file is corrupted" etc. I cannot open them. I believe this is the only real future path for the thread too.... Sad really.... Can anyone help though? Just looking for the ability to use TCR values update.... wt hey Evolv???

JBrentonK

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well since you guys cannot help me, I guess I'm off to the DNA200 boards.

Thanks for nothing.

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
LOL what is all that about? this guy has been given all the value combinations for all vaping wires on earth and sources where he can find more for himself, what is he still complaining about? this thread is funny :D

Valkyrie

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
there are a couple of threads that involve the specific tcr values for crown coils that work,,,maybe link him to to those...

VU Sponsors