Become a Patron!

Is there any noticeable difference with the evic primo se firmware upgrade?

truztno1

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
hey, i just got a evic primo se tc 80w and im just wondering if it is even worth it to upgrade? the changes it says are so minimal it doesnt even seem worth it...is it better to upgrade?

Last edited:

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I always do the updates on my vtc mini. As long as there are no reports of bugs, I say go for it.

hellcatrydr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I haven't been able to get either of my Evic Primos to even be recognized by the "upgrade" program. :(

truztno1

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I haven't been able to get either of my Evic Primos to even be recognized by the "upgrade" program. :(
I've come across this. This means you most likely have a clone. I had the same problem and made the retailer replace it. All genuine joyetech said have a brand label on them somewhere. Mine had no marking at all and wouldn't recognize the firmware. You should replace it

hellcatrydr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've come across this. This means you most likely have a clone. I had the same problem and made the retailer replace it. All genuine joyetech said have a brand label on them somewhere. Mine had no marking at all and wouldn't recognize the firmware. You should replace it

First thing I checked... They're genuine.

truztno1

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
First thing I checked... They're genuine.
i know what it probably is. the same thing literally just happened to me. I thought that i had a evic primo se tc... so i got that firmware and it didnt recognize at all (device unknown) so i got the evic primo mini firmware, and it recognized it right away and upgraded it. so, maybe you think you have the wrong model

hellcatrydr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i know what it probably is. the same thing literally just happened to me. I thought that i had a evic primo se tc... so i got that firmware and it didnt recognize at all (device unknown) so i got the evic primo mini firmware, and it recognized it right away and upgraded it. so, maybe you think you have the wrong model
I'll look again, thanks.

VU Sponsors