Panther1911

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Initial Review and comparison to iStick 20W:

my istick 30W came in this morning, so I figured I can do a initial review and later give a better one based on some use

specs on 30W

The iStick 30W is upgraded based on iStick through expanding the range of output voltage and wattage. Under the support of 2200mAh battery capacity, it will give you great performance between 2V-8V or 5W-30W. Newly introduced spring connector, wear-resistant stainless steel thread, and streamlined design on top make iStick 30W more suitable for atomizers. Also, the added button lock functionality protects the buttons and prolong their service life.

Features:

Expanded Range of Output Voltage/Wattage: With the voltage lowest to 2V and highest to 8V, wattage lowest to 5W and highest to 30W, iStick 30W can support sub ohm coil, getting ahead of other products at the same level.
Spring Connector and Stainless Steel Thread: Newly introduced spring connector insures high adaptability and durability. The connecting thread is made of stainless steel which makes it more durable.
New Streamlined Design on Top: This kind of design enables the iStick 30W to be assembled perfectly with 22mm/23mm diameter atomizers
Specification:

Voltage Range: 2.0V-8.0V (20W is 3.0-5.5v)
Wattage Range: 5W-30W (20W goes up to 20watts)
Ohm Range: 0.4O-5O (20W is 1-3 ohm)
Size:

23.0mm x 32.5 mm x 77.0mm

side by side with 20W (20W on left and 30 watt on right)

20150120_115810_zpsi3b1dvoa.jpg

20150120_115822_zps7yt5bwug.jpg

20W with Aerotank v2 on left and 30W with Lemo on Right

20150120_120155_zps30o7a74y.jpg

20W with Aerotank v2 on left and 30W with Magma RDA on Right

20150120_120238_zpseemmfsp5.jpg

20W with Aerotank v2 on left and 30W with Atlantis on Right

20150120_120441_zpswgb2fscd.jpg

My first thoughts:

It is damn near the same size as the 20W.

The new design on the top loos pretty good.

My atlantis (0.6ohms) fires fine on it, my Magma (0.8ohms) fires fine on it, but at first it wouldn't read my lemo. I then adjusted the positive post in the 510 connection on the Lemo it has been working good so far. I am have been running lemo (1.2ohms) at 25W, its hitting very nicely.

Threading is too tight on mine. Only 1/2 of my tops will go on it without using an adapter. Hopefully, it will loosen up over time, but being stainless, probably take a while!

Panther1911

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i swapped the atlantis out for a subtank nano. i am using the 1.2ohm coil and smallest air hole to concerve juice and battery life for a "going out" set up. But for my drives to work i will probably use the subtank mini with the 0.5ohm coil

very happy with it so far

I just purchased the Istick30W in an attempt to advance in vaping, I have a Natilus Mini atomiser and when I attach it I get a reading "Atomiser Short". If I back it off a bit it will work but then it is like a loose tooth. Any fixes for this?

moostatic

Member For 4 Years
Hi Allie, you might want to try wedging a piece of thick paper between the atomizer and the battery. At least this reduces the wiggliness of the set up. Beware that you do not block off the power connection though..

Dragonlord

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I love mine. Running a Kanger Sub tank mini. Works awesome. Battery last all day!!

moostatic

Member For 4 Years
Will it be a good battery for someone who has a lot of 1.8 ohm atomizer? Lol.. Anyway, what I wanna ask is if I can use a protank 3 or mega with this and still get a good vape..

anendeloflorien

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Will it be a good battery for someone who has a lot of 1.8 ohm atomizer? Lol.. Anyway, what I wanna ask is if I can use a protank 3 or mega with this and still get a good vape..

My wife uses her istick 30 with an aerotank 2 (basically the same as the protank 3) every day and loves it!

Ngkon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just purchased the Istick30W in an attempt to advance in vaping, I have a Natilus Mini atomiser and when I attach it I get a reading "Atomiser Short". If I back it off a bit it will work but then it is like a loose tooth. Any fixes for this?
You can try to loosen the head inside the base a little, not so it is loose or leaking but the reduce some of the pressure the spring base pin is putting on the coil head.

VU Sponsors