Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2016/08/07/e-cigarette-regulations-set-go-into-effect/88362926/

No, No it's NOT going to get harder for minors to do whatever the fuck they want.

They should:

A) PUNISH BAD PARENTING (Fine the shit out of them)

B) MAKE IT A CRIME AGAINST THE MINORS WHO ARE CAUGHT VAPING OR SMOKING. (Again, Fine the shit out of them)

There is nothing in the deeming that makes it illegal for minors to vape.

It's illegal to sell to minors but the minors don't get in trouble if their drug addict mom buys it for them.

Making it harder for law abiding citizens to do something that's legal has NEVER made it harder for teens who don't give a fuck about laws to do anything they fucking want.

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
No, No it's NOT going to get harder for minors to do whatever the fuck they want.
Agreed. It will not become substantially more difficult for them.

A) PUNISH BAD PARENTING (Fine the shit out of them)
Yup, we need a whole new government agency to "regulate" parenting. :rolleyes:

B) MAKE IT A CRIME AGAINST THE MINORS WHO ARE CAUGHT VAPING OR SMOKING. (Again, Fine the shit out of them)
Does the fact that it's illegal keep anyone, regardless of age, from smoking "other stuff"? :confused:

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Does the fact that it's illegal keep anyone, regardless of age, from smoking "other stuff"? :confused:

No, but at the very least they get a fine along with getting it confiscated if they are caught doing it.

You think minors are going to stop vaping if they are the only ones who DON'T get in trouble when they vape?

Start with confiscating their mod and sending them home with a $50 fine.

They will either

A) Stop doing it in public where all the politicians are looking

OR

B) If they are just doing it to be "cool" they will quit doing it entirely

Out of sight, Out of mind. Right?

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Yup, we need a whole new government agency to "regulate" parenting. :rolleyes:

Junior gets caught blowing clouds while walking down the street, confiscate his mod and send him home with a $50 fine

Hand him another $50 fine and say
"Give this one to your mother for me will you? If it's not paid in 45 days we will mail her one. If that one isn't paid in 45 days she will get a court date"
just like a traffic ticket.

Once mom pays 2 or 3 of these fines I can guarantee you junior will at least stop getting caught.

Out of sight, Out of Mind

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If a minor already smokes then it's still better to have him vape instead.
Forcing him to go back to smoking is not the solution.
It should be illegal for minors to smoke.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
If a minor already smokes then it's still better to have him vape instead.
Forcing him to go back to smoking is not the solution.
It should be illegal for minors to smoke.

It should be illegal for both.

If you are underage then how hard would it be to just not do either in public?

When I was underage I drank every weekend from the age of 15 and up and never got caught.
That may be because I never walked down the street or in the mall parking lot with a beer in my hand.

You are telling me that somehow now in 2016 minors can't do things without getting caught?

Like I said: - Out of sight, Out of Mind

Also, they can't start lying on these stupid surveys?

I ALWAYS lied on that survey!

Last edited:

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
It should be illegal for both.

0gLFbQi.jpg

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
How about if everyone just lets parents raise their own kids, and stop trying to do it for them? I don't have a single problem with minors vaping -- it's far, FAR better than smoking. Which IS illegal, but they do it anyway, so they should have the option to vape, LEGALLY, instead.

I'd much rather see minors vaping than chugging down RedBull or Monster. Vaping may or may not contain nicotine; those horrible beverages
ALL contain MASSIVE amounts of caffeine.

Andria

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
actually you will find that it's not illegal for minors to smoke it's only illegal to sell cigarettes to them

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
actually you will find that it's not illegal for minors to smoke it's only illegal to sell cigarettes to them

Which is good, but doesn't do any good; they still get cigarettes. It should NOT be illegal for minors to get vape stuff. It's certainly not as harmful as smoking, and probably no more harmful than drinking all that caffeinated shit that nobody seems to mind them drinking -- and if they aren't vaping nicotine, then it's FAR LESS harmful than all that caffeinated shit.

But BT wants to generate new smokers, so sure, make it a crime to sell minors vape stuff, so they'll just smoke instead. Of course the FDA has to play along with their Lords and Masters of all the big industries, and do just what they're paid to do, by those industrial Lords and Masters. They make me SICK.

Andria

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
It should NOT be illegal for minors to get vape stuff.

The problem with that is you'd have ANTZ, FDA, CDC, ALA, ACS, CFTFK, a dozen democrat senators that haven't been teens since the 1930's, etc... all screaming "Somebody Please Think Of The Children™" together in unison.
(Even WORSE then they already do)

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The problem with that is you'd have ANTZ, FDA, CDC, ALA, ACS, CFTFK, a dozen democrat senators that haven't been teens since the 1930's, etc... all screaming "Somebody Please Think Of The Children™" together in unison.
(Even WORSE then they already do)

I know. Total morons. I talked to my 16 yr old friend who vapes, yesterday, and he said his mom would be glad to come and get ejuice for him, since I don't wanna get my ass in a sling with the feds. And since the local shop won't build coils for him anymore, I told him to come by sometime in the afternoon, and I'll be glad to help him with that, and teach him how, so he can do his own. It's just WRONG for a kid like this, whose stupid cousin thought it would be "neat" to teach him to smoke when he was 9, can't get what he needs in order to stay off cigarettes. His mom agrees!

Andria

celticluvr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I actually gave on old pen style batt and mini .8ml clearos to our 17 year old friend a while back and some 0 nic juice I had to keep him off the smoke and off the chew. I really don't see the harm off an older teen like that being able to use the smaller equipment... But I definitely wouldn't let them use a md that takes external batts because as with most teens if you try and teach them something, it usually goes in one ear and out the other. I wouldn't want the little shit to blow his face off. :confused:

VU Sponsors