J.K. Simmons On J. Jonah Jameson's Role In Spider-Man: No Way Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

VUBot

Staff member
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
J.K. Simmons' iconic portrayal of antagonistic newspaper editor J. Jonah Jameson remains a lasting legacy of Sam Raimi's Spider-Man movies. After appearing in Spider-Man: Far From Home, Simmons is once again set to reprise his role in the upcoming Spider-Man: No Way Home.

Speaking with the Happy Sad Confused podcast, Simmons made light of Jameson's receding hairline while talking about his appearance in the upcoming movie.

"You know what, I think it's a slightly different version. Certainly, from the creators of the current iteration of the story, it's a very different character," Simmons said. "To me, it's a slightly different character. It's the same blowhard; the same guy with less hair. Honestly, I kinda wish he had the same hair."

Talking about his approach to Jameson in the MCU, Simmons shed a tiny bit of light on how James will be used in No Way Home. "As is appropriate for that character, he's a little comic relief thing that gets sprinkled lightly into the movie."

It sounds like Spider-Man: No Way Home really is shaping up to be a celebration of all things Spider-Man, as it will bring back a myriad of iconic characters, including Green Goblin and Doc Ock. And what Spidey celebration is complete without Jameson chomping on a cigar and ranting about Spider-Man being Public Enemy Number 1?

Spider-Man: No Way Home release December 17. Go here for our full breakdown of the latest trailer.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors