Become a Patron!

Jan 2016 Explodathon - Did e-cigarette explode in his pocket? User sues manufacturer, seller

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader

nabibrian

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am amazed at how many of these reports are coming out.
I don't get how people can not take the time to learn about safety!
Before I even considered vaping, I went to do all the research I could possibly do to make sure I was not only making a good choice but also make sure I did not have these kind of accidents. I'm sorry but I don't understand how suing someone over your own actions is reasonable at all.

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm not surprised one bit. Mechs are not for beginners, especially hybrid mechs. The closest I will ever use to a hybrid is a ProVari with P3 threading and Kabuki tank, and I'm not a new vaper.
Kids these days simply want to blow clouds for cheap, so these cases will become more and more prevalent, until Congress steps in...

nabibrian

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
so these cases will become more and more prevalent, until Congress steps in...
This is the part that I hate.
It should not have to come to congress stepping in but when we can't do the job ourselves I guess this is the price we pay!?

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This is the part that I hate.
It should not have to come to congress stepping in but when we can't do the job ourselves I guess this is the price we pay!?

Vape shops without morals buy these cheap e cigs in bulk and can sell them cheap and still make a good profit. Vapers go in and want a complete set up for $25, because all they want to do is blow clouds like their friends, but not spend the money on safe equipment. I don't see this ever changing, short of laws being passed restricting mods to being regulated devices, or enough shops getting sued out of existence...

nabibrian

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape shops without morals buy these cheap e cigs in bulk and can sell them cheap and still make a good profit. Vapers go in and want a complete set up for $25, because all they want to do is blow clouds like their friends, but not spend the money on safe equipment. I don't see this ever changing, short of laws being passed restricting mods to being regulated devices, or enough shops getting sued out of existence...
Sad but true and unfortunately I have to agree.

VU Sponsors