Become a Patron!

Japanese Cotton

MrGrimR

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Does anyone have any opinions as to what is the best JC for flavor?

Scuba-Matt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've been using Koh Gen Do for over a year, I have tried cotton bacon and others, I still find myself liking KGD best of all.

MrGrimR

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Has anyone used Muji Japanese cotton?

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
That's what I use and like it just fine. Granted, the only other wicks I've tried are the ones from china that come with RBAs and the ceramic ReadyXWick, but. . . I didn't like the ReadyX because when handle it, you get some ceramic fibers on you but it's worse when you torch to clean it. When you torch to clean ReadyX, it gets brittle and end up with ceramic dust all over your fingers. Can't imagine that'd be good for the lungs. Can get 140 pcs Muji for $7.53 from fasttech with free ship. SKU: 2080201

topkek

Member For 4 Years
You can't go wrong with Koh Gen Do. You can get 60 for $10 with free shipping from Dermstore if you "sign up" for their mailing list that gives you a 15% off coupon.

MrGrimR

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Can anyone tell a difference flavor wise from between any of the Japanese Cotton types?

saint_518

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I've tried a few different kinds of Japanese cotton. Never been able to tell a difference but I have noticed koh gen do wicks better then most if you remove the out side layers

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I tried most of the Japanese cottons available over the last year or so, and really didn't notice that much difference.
It's really all about how they wick, since ideally you shouldn't be burning them, their inherent flavor shouldn't matter. .

That being said- I switched over to Egyptian Cotton (Drago Premium Cotton) about six months ago after trying a small piece at a Vape convention and I haven't gone back to Japanese cotton since.

Since it's 100% organic and unprocessed, it's not as pretty as the Japanese cotton, and its got a few seeds that you have to remove sometimes (they are TINY!!), but it wicks so well that it's worth it...none of the Japanese cottons even come close. The flavor is completely neutral, and very burn-resistant unless you run it almost dry .
JMHO...

VU Sponsors