Become a Patron!

Jason Statham Says Justice for Han Needs to Happen Before Fast & Furious Saga Ends

Status
Not open for further replies.

VUBot

Staff member
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Jason Statham wants his Fast & the Furious character to get what’s coming to him.

With F9 reintroducing fan-favorite character Han, who was seemingly murdered in Tokyo Drift by Statham’s character, fans have been clamoring for justice to be served. The social media hashtag [HASH=4012]#JusticeForHan[/HASH] has carried the torch for the fallen, now revived, family member ever since.

While Han returns in F9, Statham's character Shaw is nowhere in sight. In an interview with Entertainment Weekly, however, Statham served himself up for a butt-kicking anyways.

[ignvideo url="https://www.ign.com/videos/2021/04/15/fast-9-cena-and-hans-roles-explained-ign-the-fix-entertainment"]
"They better bring me back, because I need to put out that fire," Statham tells EW, referencing the car explosion he triggered in the mid-credits scene of Fast & Furious 6. It was revealed that killing Han was an act of revenge for his brother Owen Shaw, the antagonist of that film who was killed by the Fast crew. "If he's got any score to settle, it's with me," Statham said of Han's return.

Justin Lin, director of the franchise’s third, fourth, and fifth installments, is returning to direct F9. Fast 4, 5, and 6 were set before the events of Tokyo Drift, allowing Han to continue being a presence throughout the movies. Statham tells EW that he’s glad to return to the Fast franchise for its final two installments.
"I'm game,” Statham says. “I love Justin Lin, he's a great director. It's a shame because when I joined the franchise all those years back, he went on to do something else and all I did with Justin was a little tag at the end. I need to do a movie with him. And I'd love to see all the Fast crew, Vin [Diesel] and everybody, they're all great people. I have a lot of affection for them."

[ignvideo url="https://www.ign.com/videos/2021/04/14/fast-furious-9-michelle-rodriguez-and-john-cena-on-giant-magnets-and-flying-cars"]

Lin told IGN earlier this month about fixing the Han-shaped hole in the Fast & the Furious franchise, saying the reaction to Han appearing in F9’s latest trailer “meant a lot.” Bringing the past and the future of the Fast franchise is certainly a running theme in F9, with John Cena playing Dominic Toretto’s younger brother.

F9 is out on in cinemas on June 17, 2021 in Australia and June 25 in North America. Do keep in mind that the COVID-19 pandemic is still a major issue in the United States, and not every filmgoer may be fully vaccinated, so exercise proper caution if visiting a theater.

[poilib element="accentDivider"] Joseph Knoop is a writer/producer for IGN.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors