John Wick Director and Gerard Butler Team Up for Dexter Author's Thief Series

Status
Not open for further replies.

VUBot

Staff member
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Gerard Butler has landed the lead role in upcoming heist movie, Just Watch Me.

According to Deadline, the film is being written by John Wick and Nobody creator Derek Kolstad, based on a novel by Dexter creator, Jeff Lindsay. “As both a fan and a friend of Jeff Lindsay, I am excited to bring Just Watch Me to the screen,” said Kolstad.

The novel, Just Watch Me by Dexter creator Jeff Lyndsay, is the first in the Riley Wolfe series. A world-renowned thief and master of disguise, Wolfe targets only the richest 0.1 percent of people. He despises the degenerate and immoral ultra-rich and won’t think twice about killing them if they get in his way.

Now, he teams up with a master forger named Monique, and a group of expert thieves, for the biggest job of their lives – stealing the Crown Jewels of Iran.

“I’m eager to see Gerard Butler bring Riley Wolfe to cinematic life with the incredible team of Dylan Russell, Scott Steindorff, Alan Siegel, Raven, and Sculptor Media,” added Kolstad.

Kolstad’s last film, Nobody, wowed audiences as Bob Odenkirk stepped in his own John Wick-style action flick, taking on thieves and gangsters with brutal efficiency.

IGN’s own review said: “[Bob Odenkirk’s] role here allows the actor another fascinating turn in an acting career fairly filled with them. Yes, it’s gruesome and violent, but it’s also wickedly funny and surprisingly poignant. And while those Keanu comparisons are always going to be there, Nobody easily holds a candle to Wick.”

Warren Goz and Eric Gold will produce Just Watch Me alongside Scott Steindorff, Dylan Russell, Joel Falderon, Gerard Butler, and Alan Siegel. James Masciello, and Matt Sidari are on board as executive producers.

“What attracted us to this project was the veritable dream team of producers, creatives and partners,” said producer Warren Goz. “We are also excited to team with Derek, who has a renowned track record of great commercial achievement.”

Notably, John Wick 4 and 5 will move forward without Kolstad, as will its upcoming spin-off series, The Continental, which will focus on a young Winston. John Wick: Chapter 4 was recently delayed until March 25, 2023.

Ryan Leston is an entertainment journalist and film critic for IGN. You can follow him on Twitter.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors