Become a Patron!

Johnny Knoxville Remembers the Jackass Forever Stunt That Resulted In Brain Damage

Status
Not open for further replies.

VUBot

Staff member
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Johnny Knoxville revealed that a stunt involving a bull in Jackass Forever went so wrong that he suffered brain damage because of it.

As reported by NME, Knoxville was a guest on The Howard Stern Show and talked about how a bull knocked him into the air and left him with not only a broken wrist and broken ribs, but also a concussion that resulted in a brain hemorrhage.

“Yeah, I got a brain hemorrhage from that," Knoxville said. "So my cognitive abilities were in steep decline after that hit. No one in my family is happy with the stunts. The bull hit was the worst hit I’ve ever taken from a bull, or maybe period. I remember taking some tests. The neurosurgeon said, ‘Do you have trouble paying attention right now?’ I said, ‘Yeah, why?’ He goes, ‘Because you scored a 17 on [your attention].’ That’s out of 100.

"I had to go under all these types of treatments, this transcranial magnetic stimulation, which they buzz your head with these magnets for about 30 minutes at a time for like, oh God, I would say 10 to 12 treatments over a series of two months and it’s supposed to help with depression and help with my cognitive skills. It was a tough one to come back from. I was trying to edit the movie at the time but I couldn’t sit still.”

Knoxville also shared that he suffered from depression following the stunt, and that was something that "hasn't happened before."

“I can’t take any more hits to the head,” he said. “My brain was just playing tricks on me. I got really depressed and over-focused on things… I did have to start medication for the first time in my life. It completely turned me around – that and doing therapy. It was a really hard recovery from this last injury but I’m great now. I feel like I’m the healthiest I’ve ever been.”

Knoxville and the Jackass crew are obviously no strangers to stunts gone wrong, as the team has racked up medical bills amounting to roughly $24 million. Knoxville, who has confirmed that Jackass Forever will be his last Jackass movie, topped the list with an estimated medical bill of $8.66 million as of September 2021.

Jackass Forever will arrive exclusively in theaters on February 4, 2022.

Have a tip for us? Want to discuss a possible story? Please send an email to [email protected].

Adam Bankhurst is a news writer for IGN. You can follow him on Twitter
@AdamBankhurst and on Twitch.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors