Become a Patron!

joyetech egrip wont stop leaking HELP!!!

jdemp

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I installed my RBA last night and it worked amazing all day today. Ran out of juice on the way home. so wheni got home I checked the cotton and noticed a little burnt spot so I changed the cotton. now I have been fighting with it to get it to stop leaking and it has a gurgle sound when I vape.. Help Me!!!

floresroach

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
How tight is the cotton inside the coils? And how much are you saturating it, it sounds like you're over-saturating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got rid of most of my gurgling by taking a rubber grippy thing and holding a coin to tighten that base as much as I could (usually I don't try to overtighten things, but in this case you have to). It has to be tight to where it's almost countersunk to seal properly.

I can't get rid of the slight leaking that occurs - which is I think a design fault, as the airflow is right under the coil and goes straight out of the bottom of the egrip.

Cruel-Phate

Just Thomas
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had leaking problems and I found that the fill hole door on the side was not tight enough and pulling in air causing my leaking, I taped the holes down and sure enough the leaking stopped, rubber piece just not tight enough for one of my egripies...still not resolved, it's still taped until I am in the mood to mess with it :(

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had leaking problems and I found that the fill hole door on the side was not tight enough and pulling in air causing my leaking, I taped the holes down and sure enough the leaking stopped, rubber piece just not tight enough for one of my egripies...still not resolved, it's still taped until I am in the mood to mess with it :(

Ah ha - interesting!

I found out there were actually two problems with my eGrip which caused it to leak.

The rubber cap on the two little holes behind the side door was not long enough (as Cruel-Phate mentioned). I added something extra right under the cap and that forced it further in over the holes. That solved that problem.

I discovered the second one by mistake. The kit came with a spare coil atomizer head and that one came fitted with a white rubber ring on top, but the one that came inside the ecig didn't. That little ring made all the difference. The base didn't have to be tighten up so much anymore and the leaking completely stopped. No more gurgling either.

VU Sponsors