Become a Patron!

Joyetech Espion Tour kit - first impressions

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Joyetech sent me their newest kit for review - the Espion Tour. It will not alter my opinion of this kilt.

So the Espion Tour. It is a small lightweight device that takes two 18650 batteries. It is adjustable in .1 increments from 1-220 watts. It comes with the NC film Cubis Max tank which I have perviously reviewed here:

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/ultex-t80-with-cubis-max-first-impressions.441359/#post-2275601

Here are pics of device:
Lci9mkv.jpg

CdOV6V7.jpg

JIauB2x.jpg

The device looks fantastic. The screen is a little small but it is bright. It is the usual intuitive Joytech menu with a full suite of TC options and curve adjustments. Myself, I prefer to vape in power mode. It responds beautifully. The button is big and works well, but it is not clicky. If you don’t like a soft press, you might find it too soft. I rather like it. The controls are clicky enough and on the front of the device above the USB port. I had zero issues with the buttons and no rattle. The battery case is nice but has no ribbon. I was able to remove the batteries by lightly banging it against the palm of my hand. They came out easily enough but there should be a ribbon.

Now the last Espoion I reviewed had a centtered 510. This does not. So I’m maxing out with 24-25 mm tanks. No way a big tank will look good on this which is a shame. It does 220 watts. So overall a nice device but not groundbreaking in any way. Still, Joytech makes good gear. I have never had an issue with their mods. The 510 is nice, the mod is light and solid and it looks really high end.

The tank … well … I said it before. Cloud production and flavour are both on point. The NCFilm (the heating element) on the supplied Cubis Max tank is really innovative. I imagine the filter lasting a long time. You unscrew the filter and remove the cotton. Rescrew and dry burn. Replace cotton. I generally vape the Cubis around 50 watts.

0ZTDvzP.jpg

AaYY2yB.jpg

So here is the device parameters:

Size: 48.0*33.0* 133.5 mm
Colors: Black, White, Red, Green, Blue
Battery: Dual 18650
Tank: capacity: 5 ml
Modes: Power, NI, SS, TI, TCR, Curve
Screen: .96 inch

In the package I got the device, the Max Pro tank with accessories, and the obligatory USB cable. The usual.

Pros:
Very nice looking
Functions as advertised
Tank filter should last a long time
Tank has decent flavor
Tank and device solidly built
Very light weight

Cons:
No ribbon for batteries
Button a bit mushy
Battery cage has slight play
%10 is not centered

So do i like this device. Well, I do. It has a clean sophisticated look and does what it is advertised to do. Overall it was pleasant gaping over the last three days.

Check out Joytech here:
https://www.joyetech.com/online/

Last edited:

VU Sponsors