Become a Patron!

Joyetech Exceed NC with NotchCore Kit 2300mAh

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Vaping Underground members, In this review i take a look at the Exceed NC with NotchCore Kit 2300mAh from Joyetech. The Joyetech Exceed NC with NotchCore Kit 2300mAh was supplied for the purpose of this review by Ella from Joyetech.

http://www.joyetech.com/product/exceed-nc-notchcore/

https://www.joyetech.com/online/

Introduction

The NotchCore atomizer made it's debut as part of the Espion Silk Kit. The Exceed NC Kit see's the NotchCore paired with the Exceed NC Battery, The NC is a pen style 2300mAh battery with two operating modes; direct output and constant output. Both battery and atomizer will work independently of each other but let's have a look how they perform as a kit.

In the Box

Contents:

1 x EXCEED NC
1 x NotchCore atomizer
2 x NotchCoil head 0.45ohm
1 x Spare glass
2 x Manual
1 x Warranty Card
1 x Warning Card
1 x USB cable
Spare parts

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The Exceed NC with NotchCore Kit comes in typical cardboard boxed packaging and once opening i was met by an handsome looking pen style device. I received the White version but it's also available in Black, the NotchCore tank can also be bought in Red separately. Despite the NotchCore tank being a DL vape it does come with a MTL style Black delrin 510 drip tip. The NotchCore has very heavy texturing on the top-cap and a Red arrow head to show where to push to slide it open. The base of the NotchCore has lighter texturing and dual cyclops airflow slots. The battery has a nice geometric engraved design over it's entirety which makes the device aesthetically pleasing. The front of the battery has a square Black fire button towards the top, in the same position on the back we have the micro USB port. The base of the battery has printed safety stamps and central venting hole, as with vape pen style devices the Exceed NC is ergonomic and pocket friendly.

NotchCore Specs and Features

Size: 22.0 x 49.5mm
Capacity: 2.5ml (TPD 2ml)
Newest 0.45ohm MTL Notchcoil Horizontal Coil
Easy Slide Top Refill Design
Adjustable Bottom Airflow Control
Thread: 510
Colours: White, Black, Red

NotchCore Atomizer Overview

A nifty little 22mm tank this one which i won't spend time on the aesthetics as it can be seen clearly in the pictures. The NotchCore is top-fill and has a clearly visible arrow head which you push for the top to slide open to reveal the filling port, when opening and securing back into position the top slides with just the right resistance. On the bottom section we have dual cyclops with stopper, this bottom section unscrews from the tank to reveal where the coils get fitted. The bottom has a rectangular space with a positive and negative cradle surrounded with peek insulator you simply seat your coil into the cradles (it's a perfect fit) you just can't go wrong and the coils are pre-wicked. I primed the coil first, screwed the tank back together then filled leaving for 5 mins before vaping (possibly could of started vaping straight off but better to be cautious) used 80VG juice and it kept up even with some chain vaping. The rating for the NotchCoil is spot on, when i used the NotchCore independently on a regulated device 25W was without doubt where the coil was at it's best and it gave good flavour and more than expected cloud. The flavour is not comparable to an RDA, RTA or even the mesh stock coils i have used recently but it's not bad being as good as a decent stock coil. I found the flavour lasted quite well and the coils can be easily cleaned up and re-wicked to prolong their life. I found the tank very airy even when closing the airflow down so i found MTL out of the question but don't see any reason why a MTL version of the tank can't be done with a series of small air holes on a plate (as seen on many MTL tanks) behind a single air slot.

Exceed NC Battery Specs and Features:

Size: 22 x 83.5mm
Battery: Built-in 2300mAh Battery
Output Mode: Direct Output/Constant Voltage Output
Large Fire Button with Two-colour Output Mode Indicator Light
Multiple Protections for Safe Vaping
Finely Engraved Frame
Thread: 510
Colours: White, Black

Using the Exceed NC Kit

The device is the usual 5 clicks to turn on and 5 clicks to turn off, when on simply press the fire button and vape. The Exceed NC has both direct output mode and constant output mode to change between the two the device needs to be turned off. While off hold down the fire button for 5 seconds and the surround of the fire button will then flash either White or Orange, if for example it flashes White then holding down the button for another 5 seconds will now cause the surround to flash Orange. If you turn the device on after the light flashed white the device is in direct output mode, if it flashed Orange before turning the device on the device is in constant output mode. The surround also lights up when vaping to indicate the battery status when the battery is between 60% and 100% the light stays solid on, when between 30% and 59% the light flashes slowly, when between 10% and 29% the light flashes moderately and finally when the battery life is below 10% it flashes quickly. The Exceed NC also has plenty of safety features which are short circuit protection, over vape protection, low voltage protection and Resistance protection.

Cost Efficient Vaping

The NotchCore coils i have seen for as little as $4 for 5 and typically the price is between $4 and $6 for 5 so only the price of pre-built coils rather than stock coils. Add to this the Notch coils are pre-wicked and with a bit of care can be re-wicked after use then using the NotchCore is very friendly on the wallet.

My Experience Using the Exceed NC Kit

I actually used the NotchCore atomiser i already have with a fresh 0.45ohm Notch coil fitted and found i preferred using the battery in constant output mode were i got pretty much the same vaping experience i had using it with the Espion Silk Kit, if anything just a tad warmer (estimate slightly more than 25w) but still a cool vape relatively. The flavour is very decent and vapor production is far greater than the wattage i estimate the device was giving. The drip tip is more of a MTL shape but works well with the NotchCore, the tank is airy but still a restrictive lung hit. I can't find what the constant output is anywhere but it didn't seem above 30w despite the impressive cloud so i imagine 3.7v. The 2300mAh battery life is a pro as it lasted me the majority of the day and the device was in constant use.

Pros

Nicely engraved battery
Decent flavour
Loads of cloud production
Very good battery life
NotchCore innovative tank
Easy to fit coils
Coils re-wickable
Top-fill
Good battery status indication
Pocket friendly
Cost effective
First step to rebuildables
Ergonomic
Can use tank and battery independently

Cons

Not for high wattage users
Can't MTL with NotchCore
Not for those who like a warm vape

I would once again like to thank Ella from Joyetech for supplying the Exceed NC with NotchCore Kit 2300mAh for the purpose of this review.

http://www.joyetech.com/product/exceed-nc-notchcore/

https://www.joyetech.com/online/

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
thanks for the review!

I like the price of the coils and that they can be (gently) dry-burned and re-wicked to extend their life....

When this atomizer is available separately from the tube battery and the Espion Silk in black, I might have to pick one up as it seems a nice middle-ground between an RTA and stock coils....

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
thanks for the review!

I like the price of the coils and that they can be (gently) dry-burned and re-wicked to extend their life....

When this atomizer is available separately from the tube battery and the Espion Silk in black, I might have to pick one up as it seems a nice middle-ground between an RTA and stock coils....
Hi Mate, when i said you could get the Red NotchCore separately i was pointing out although the kit is only available in Black and White the NotchCore atomizer is also available in Red. You can buy the NotchCore independently in all 3 colours.

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Hi Mate, when i said you could get the Red NotchCore separately i was pointing out although the kit is only available in Black and White the NotchCore atomizer is also available in Red. You can buy the NotchCore independently in all 3 colours.
Thanks for the reply and info on the colors. I will be checking that one out soon. Hopefully I can find a USA vendor that has it in black. :)

VU Sponsors