Jurassic Park: Dominion Introducing a New Type of Raptor to Freak You Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

VUBot

Staff member
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Jurassic World: Dominion has just unveiled a new dinosaur – The Atrociraptor.

During an interview with Empire Magazine, director Colin Trevorrow unveiled a new image from Jurassic World: Dominion which features Chris Pratt being chased by the new dino.

“It’s a sequence set in Malta,” he said. “And the picture speaks for itself – it’s Chris Pratt being chased by an Atrociraptor. And if they catch up, he’s gonna die, I can tell you that.”

Meet the 'brutal, vicious' Atrociraptors – one of the deadliest new dinosaurs in #JurassicWorldDominion.

Read director Colin Trevorrow discussing the new raptors and see the exclusive image here: https://****/gmi0pi5b6F pic.twitter.com/RGFnmlBxtt

— Empire Magazine (@empiremagazine) December 20, 2021

A real-life specimen of Atrociraptor was discovered in 1995 in the Horseshoe Canyon Formation in Canada. And it sounds like quite a formidable foe. At around two meters long and fifteen kilograms, the Atrociraptor packs quite a punch.

“Where the Velociraptor is a little bit more of a stealth hunter, the Atrociraptors are a bit more brutish,” explained Trevorrow. “These things will just come at you. And in this particular case, they’ve picked his scent, and they’re not going to stop until he’s dead. They’re pretty brutal. They’re pretty vicious.”

Jurassic World: Dominion shows us what the Atrociraptor is capable of – a more heavy-hitting raptor than we’ve seen before, with straight rows of raked teeth which will make quick work of Pratt and his motorcycle… if it can catch up with him.

Of course, it’s not the only new dinosaur heading to Jurassic World: Dominion.

According to Empire, we’ll see a “swathe” of new dinosaur species’ including the Pyroraptors and Moros Intrepidus among others.

“I love the Pyroraptors. I love the Atrociraptors,” he said. “There's a little one called the Moros Intrepidus, who doesn't do a ton in the movie, but whenever it shows up, I always love it.”

It certainly sounds as though Jurassic World: Dominion has spared no expense with its new additions to the park. But you have to wonder what our real-life paleontologists think of it.

Jurassic World: Dominion debuts in theaters on June 10, 2022, and will reportedly conclude both Jurassic Park and Jurassic World trilogies.

Ryan Leston is an entertainment journalist and film critic for IGN. You can follow him on Twitter.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors