Become a Patron!

Jury Awards $1.9M to California Woman Burned by e-Cigarette

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Sorry for her, but, second degree burns. Urgent care burn clinic the following day. Maybe I'm wrong, but 1.9m seems excessive to me for a second degree burn that was not severe enough to get to urgent care sooner. I somehow feel the visit to urgent care was advise given to her from the lawyer she went to.

exodus

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
going to brazil to do missionary work,yet they have no problem going sue happy ?? sounds a lot fishy

nabibrian

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Really, seriously? Really!???????
You know how many times I burned myself on one of my coils or the edge of an RDA.
Give me a break!!!!!!!!!

NYNURSE

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
On a serious note, she should stop buying flammable clothing. Especially if she is going to start smoking again.

guyakaguy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Charging her e-cig on the way to the airport?

My guess is it has something to do with the way she was charging it, I'm guessing some kind of car charger. Car chargers and 12v USB adapters can be extremely variable in voltage, so it OBVIOUSLY had nothing to do with that. It also probably had nothing to do with her likely chain-vaping on the way to the airport and slapping a hot and over-discharged battery on a shady charger.

It is California after all....

Honestly, I'm surprised that more people don't get hurt using these things. Almost anything has the potential to be dangerous, but if I decide to stick my head in a bread bag and I suffocate, or use my kitchen knives and hack a fingertip off, or burn my mouth on a cup of coffee out of my Keurig because I set the temp to 192 does that automatically give me the right to take everybody to court because I'm an idiotic consumer who used products in a careless manner?

Seriously, we're living in a world where if a company wants to sell a product they'll have to put it through a new wave of testing that'll be called "idiot proofing" in which the product testers expose the product to a bunch of common idiots and make up a million tiny little warning labels to put on everything.

We need a PSA for all current and potential vapers around the world that basically says:

Every time one of you hipsters blows up from using shady batteries to cloud chase, or one of you idiots lights yourself on fire chain-vaping and then slapping your glowing hot battery on your 10 cent USB charger you got from Chuck. E. Cheese
YOU MAKE ALL THE REST OF US RESPONSIBLE VAPERS LOOK JUST AS STUPID AS YOU TO THE UN-VAPING PUBLIC AND GIVE LAWMAKERS AND STATISTICIANS ANOTHER REASON TO COMPARE VAPING TO CIGARETTE SMOKING (i.e. "you might not get lung cancer, but you could blow yourself up").
PLEASE STOP BEING AN IDIOT AND FU**ING THINGS UP FOR US RESPONSIBLE VAPERS!

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

VU Sponsors