Become a Patron!

Just got my first RBA

dwalters719

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
as the title states. just got my first RBA (mutation x v4) I have only built one coil so far. 24 awg 7 wrap 3id on my subox rba section. I would like some opinions on a first build for this. more for flavor if possible. I have IPV 4S so I can do higher watts. I also have 24 awg and 28 awg to build with. I don't have a drill but I have a coil master vice grips and screwdriver and pliers to work with. let me hear what you all got. thank you!!

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
as the title states. just got my first RBA (mutation x v4) I have only built one coil so far. 24 awg 7 wrap 3id on my subox rba section. I would like some opinions on a first build for this. more for flavor if possible. I have IPV 4S so I can do higher watts. I also have 24 awg and 28 awg to build with. I don't have a drill but I have a coil master vice grips and screwdriver and pliers to work with. let me hear what you all got. thank you!!
BTW, the Mutation X V4 is a RDA (rebuildable dripping atomizer). You could try a twisted 28g build, using 2-3 strands. Although, a drill is much better, I heard of people using a coffee cup, by hooking the wires of one end to the handle of the cup, pliers, to hold the other end and up, then spinning the hanging cup.
Use this as a guideline http://www.steam-engine.org/coil.asp

dwalters719

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I knew I was a noob haha. I will try to do this one. how many wraps you rec? I want to shoot about .3

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
BTW, the Mutation X V4 is a RDA (rebuildable dripping atomizer). You could try a twisted 28g build, using 2-3 strands. Although, a drill is much better, I heard of people using a coffee cup, by hooking the wires of one end to the handle of the cup, pliers, to hold the other end and up, then spinning the hanging cup.
Use this as a guideline http://www.steam-engine.org/coil.asp
I use one of these:
images

Just wrap the strand around the end of the "grips" (shiny metal part) then fold it out and twist the black part while I grip the ends of the strand with pliers. Really simple and kinda fun to do while I watch a show or something, keep the hands busy.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I use one of these:
images

Just wrap the strand around the end of the "grips" (shiny metal part) then fold it out and twist the black part while I grip the ends of the strand with pliers. Really simple and kinda fun to do while I watch a show or something, keep the hands busy.
:) Like the German saying goes: "Many roads are leading to Rome"

VU Sponsors