Become a Patron!

Kamry Micro and Cassiel PCC Review

monsterlove

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So I was looking for a light cigalike with a PCC for work and got one of these.

kamry-cassiel04.jpg

Model: Kamrytech Micro
Material: Brass,PC,Stainless Steel, Glass (?)
Wattage: 7W
Voltage Output: 3.6v - 3.75v
Battery Capacity: 170mAh
Battery/Atomiser Connection: 510
Atomizer Capacity: 1.0 ml
Atomizer Resistance: 1.8ohm
Wick: Silica
Available color: Black, White

Ecig Weight: 0.019 kg
Ecig Size: 0.92 x 0.92 x 10.00 cm / 0.36 x 0.36 x 3.94 inches

I've been using this a couple days now almost exclusively. It is pretty nice looking thing, I like the PCC especially, it feels good and is small and light, has those little charging lights you need for ecig/PCC status. The ecig itself too is small and light and feels very good in the hand. I find myself varying between drawing on it like a real cigarette for a few puffs and taking long extended mtl draws. I am using it with a 70 VG juice at around 18mg and there are no wicking issues, but the flavour for me is very poor. I will try other juice variations but might just go unflavoured considering it would be a waste of flavouring if it just can't produce it. I get a fair amount of vapour from it on extended draws, but a short mtl puff will not produce much at all. This is probably typical for all cigalikes of this form, of course.

The PCC is good looking and feels good, the flip lid is very nice with the button release. I am not sure how many mahs the PCC is but I find it is lasting about a day and I am using the kamry a lot. The ecigs themselves have a glitter finish on the black ones and a pearlescent finish on the white ones that I do not personally like, and their is huge KAMRYTECH branding on them too. The tanks and ecigs look a little cheap imo compared to the old eroll with its beautiful matte finish and tasteful branding (even though it got so hot the paint stripped off it and eventually looked terrible).

Following on from the comment about the eroll's heat, the kamry does not get as hot. This may be due to the better airflow. There are 4 slight gaps where the atomizer connects to the battery and an airflow hole near the tip of the battery (remember how easy it was to cover the airhole on the eroll? This is much better). The draw is looser than the eroll, and actually looser than the draw on my merlin mini too with it's smallest restrictor.

I have my therion 166 and my kamry right next to me and I am picking up my kamry more often. Perhaps it is the novelty or the form, but so far that is what I'm doing. At home I do still enjoy my therion, of course, as the vapor and flavour is obviously on another level. For work however, this may fit the bill for something light and durable that I do not need to worry about in my pocket.

I did get some spitback from the tanks on the first day, which was a little annoying. And today I noticed a thin film of e liquid gathered on the glass section of one of the tanks. Also the capacity is stated as 1ml though I find it is actually about 0.7 or 0.8ml as obviously you can't fill it to the top without flooding the draw hole.

You can pick up a kit from any of the Chinese sites for about $25/30 and atomizers I found on aliexpress. Very cheap.

One thing to note is that the kamry micro is sold as the ecig only and as part of the Cassiel PCC kit. These are not compatible. The solo ecigs won't work in the PCC. Also there are two types of atomizer, an old and a new, the new one has an extra spike that goes into the tank and an extra o ring to prevent leaking. My Cassiel kit came with the new atomizers and when buying spare atomizers they do offer old and new options.

PROS: Small, lightweight, good PCC protection and an attractive PCC, holds and charges two batteries so it is hard to never have a vape handy
CONS: Gaudy ecig branding and paint finish, spitback and slight tank seepage, silica wick, poor power/vapour

Would I recommend? A hesitant yes. Most of the cons of this device are, I believe, true for all devices like this. You aren't going to get many watts from a thing this size, the vapour production will be poor. With a high strength nicotine and higher VG this can be alleviated slightly to bring some satisfaction. I would not recommend this as your only device, but as a backup or a vape for on the go I think it is fine.

EDIT: I've just ordered some Mr Salt E juice, 20mg strength, to try with this. I've not tried nicotine salts before but I have heard they are really good in cigalikes so I will see how that goes. As I said though, with regular nicotine at 18mg I think this is fine.

Last edited:

okeasykilla

Member For 5 Years
EDIT: I've just ordered some Mr Salt E juice, 20mg strength, to try with this. I've not tried nicotine salts before but I have heard they are really good in cigalikes so I will see how that goes. As I said though, with regular nicotine at 18mg I think this is fine.

How’s the nic salts in the cassiel?

Sent from the future.

VU Sponsors