Become a Patron!

Kanger Subox Nano Battery

barbaraann72

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hi all! I've been using an eleaf 30w with the internal battery since i started vaping 2 weeks ago.

I want to pick up the Kanger Subox Nano, but it requires a 18650 battery. Does it matter which 18650 battery I get (or would they all pretty much do well)?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Yes!... The battery is the MOST important part of a subohm tank/mod setup. I personally use Samsung 25R, LG HE2, or Sony VTC4 in mine.

From My Freedom Smokes:
"Warning: The Kanger Subtank uses a sub-ohm resistance atomizer. Sub-ohms can be dangerous if you do not have the right gear. It will only work on a mechanical mod with a battery capable of 30 watts or higher, or an electronic mod capable of 15 watts or higher. You must be sure that your mod and batteries can handle sub ohm coils! If you’re using an electronic mod, make sure it and the battery you use (if removable) can handle the amperage. For mechanical mod users, please use 30 amp batteries or higher. use an Ohms Law calculator and check your amps…be safe!"

barbaraann72

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thanks @Countrypami! Perhaps the Subox Nano isn't for me. I don't understand all of this battery jargon.

Sent from my SM-T217T using Tapatalk

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Thanks @Countrypami! Perhaps the Subox Nano isn't for me. I don't understand all of this battery jargon.

Sent from my SM-T217T using Tapatalk
If you go with one of the 3 I mentioned.. you're all good. Best scenario.. when in doubt.. ask someone you know has the experience to give you and educated answer ;)

Griego

Member For 4 Years
The Nano isn't an issue, great tank, I love mine. Bit small capacity to be honest.

Battery wise... with the 50 watt Kanger mod and the Kanger coil heads for the Sub tank Nano/Mini/Plus, you will not over tax a well regarded 20Amp (continuous rating) battery.

Samsung 25R, LG HE2 or HE4 or HG2 are all 5 or 6 dollar 20A top shelf batteries.

The controversy and vitriol comes with some companies buying good batteries (almost always) and rewrapping them with inflated, potentially risky ratings and then charging a premium price. It's a blatant money grab and it puts some vapers at risk.

When experienced vapers want "the extreme", they will push a battery to and beyond it's reasonable limits. Done with care and knowledge... this is only mildly risky. Done by an inexperienced vaper... it has been dangerous.

Get a good battery or two, learn as you get experience and enjoy.

Sorry for the long post... have a blueberry... :eek:

:p

Exactly the kind of response I was looking for on another ecig forum. Thank you for the courteous response.

misthub_rick

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Vape Media
Hi all! I've been using an eleaf 30w with the internal battery since i started vaping 2 weeks ago.

I want to pick up the Kanger Subox Nano, but it requires a 18650 battery. Does it matter which 18650 battery I get (or would they all pretty much do well)?

Thanks in advance for the help!

So... did you upgrade? Just Curious :)

VU Sponsors