Become a Patron!

Kanger subtank Mini

Hey,
new to this forum but I can't seem to find a helpful answer anywhere so I figured I would ask myself. this was the first forum that popped up. I have recently purchased a Kanger Subtank Mini. I would love to use the RBA and not have to buy replaceable OCCs all the time. the problem is, whenever I put the RBA deck on, and vape, it spits hot juice up the chimney into my mouth and all inside the drip tip. thouroughly unenjoyable. any advice on how to fix this? less cotton more cotton? O-ring messed up? anyone ever have this similar problem?

RZAwora

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use a couple Subtank Mini's myself...both with rebuilt OCC coils and the RBA. I've never ran into the issue you are having. What gauge wire, how many wraps, what ohms, and what wattage and voltage are you running it at? Also, what juice are you using? Do you know the PG/VG ratio of it?

.7 ohms at 3.4 volts 20.5 watts(Istick 30w mod), gauge I'm not sure. it's what came with the tank itself and seems to be really small. about 5 wraps though. the ratio is 50/50

RZAwora

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The coil that came stock in the RBA should be reading 0.5ohm if that's what you are using. The cotton should be kind of tight when pulling it through the coil. You want to cut a strip about 1/4" x 1", then roll it in your fingers to a point on one end, and pull through coil. It should have some resistance when pulling through the coil. That's the only thing I can think of is that there isn't enough wicking. Also, I assume you're using store bought juice so you don't have the option to make it 40/60 or 30/70 (PG/VG)? That may help as well, but no necessary, as the 50/50 should be okay without the issues you are having. Lastly, I would increase the watts to around 25 watts. Have you watched videos on YouTube about using the Subtank RBA? If not, that may help some showing you wicking instructions/styles.

VU Sponsors