Become a Patron!

KangerTech Coil build help.

Hello guys.

Im trying to build this.

https://www.google.pt/search?q=kangertech+1.5+ohm+dual+coil&espv=2&biw=1366&bih=638&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi06-vQ-t3QAhVDShQKHaf7BjsQ_AUIBigB#imgrc=0BoSX2XEGou8CM:

I went to the store and bought a 30 gauge wire, I do not know if it's this, but I'll leave the link here, http://www.leroymerlin.fr/v3/p/produits/fil-acier-standers-diam-0-3-mm-x-l-50-m-e1401433580
, so I do not know how many wrapps I need to do, its on 2mm or 3mm?
After this i I bought 100% organic cotton.
Im noob building this , im really sorry guys.

I have the ohms gauge machine ready too.

jonathanmark1401

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
www.steam-engine.org. First port of call mate. Gives you all the info you need to get the coil you want. From gauge, to diameter, wraps, single coil, parallel coil. Are you trying to build that ohm coil or the actual coil in the link?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im trying to build a coil , i already bought the wire and the cotton.

I dont know if that wire its used , please check

jonathanmark1401

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Use that website. It will tell you everything you need to know. Just enter the details and it gives you the rest

jonathanmark1401

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If your trying to build a stock coil replica, then you'd only find out that info from the manufacturer, unless someone can shed abit more light on here?

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If your trying to build a stock coil replica, then you'd only find out that info from the manufacturer, unless someone can shed abit more light on here?

Or you get out your Meter and a set of calipers.. take some measurements and plug the data into steamengine.

Tricky part of duplicating an unsure/unknown build... no coil too measure... is guessing material and whether diameter refers to the coils ID or OD.

Leg length is always the same.... center of coil to contact point.

Fact Is if you have some of the data.. you can usually get pretty close with steam if you play with numbers enough. And build a few coils. At a few pennies each.. the only really cost is time.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
i remember building those back in the days. using 32guage is what i did but you'd probably be ok with 30-34guage
make sure one lead goes under the rubber and one goes over it

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
There should be some youtube vidios on how to rebuild those coils
i use to rebuild those back in the days. like 4 years ago. it's not that bad. I'm sure there is a video somehwere. i don't remember how i learned. i think i just took one apart and figured it out. it's pretty simple. wrap and wick the coil. take apart the coil base (leave long legs) and one leg goes under the rubber and 1 goes over it.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
well.. 30 or 32 ga should be fine. BUT.. is that stainless steel wire or galvanized steel wire? You don't want to vape with galvanized wire. Stainless steel will be shiny, galvanized will be greyish, like the inside of a tin can. Galvanized steel has a zinc coating. So I really would not want to tell you it was ok to vape with, but what you vape on is up to you. I would just buy some stainless steel at a local shop. (I got mine at the hardware store.. 20ga snare wire and 32ga from kidney puncher)

I think I have seen those coils rebuilt, on youtube. I would look for an RBA for your tank, if they have one.

wheelie

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They make many different Kanger coils like that. two coils are 32g K1 wire and I believe 7 wraps per coil. If new style vertical coil I believe 28G K1 wire and nine wraps. Vertical coils have the silicone washer type thing in their to isolate the wires. Both coils I heat with a torch and close up the coil into a micro coil. Them coils require lots of patience. Good luck to you. UTube is your friend. CHEERS!

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
that wire i use is okey?
if it is galvanized wire, it is not ok, if it is just plain stainless steel, it should be fine. The pic looked a bid dull in color for my liking though.

VU Sponsors