Kanthal wire kit?

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
is this a good deal?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/391447400104?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Right now I just have like 15feet of 26g kanthal and 100ft of SS 316L
I kind of want a selection to choose for my builds. I change coils like a teenage girl changes clothes LOL
Depends if you'll use all the gauges but yeah seems good. a few comparison sites you can check are
amazon.com
advancedvapesupply.com
wireandstuff.co.uk (I had issue with my last order here though)

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wish I could find this in all stainless wire. Would rather not use kanthal

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I wish I could find this in all stainless wire. Would rather not use kanthal

advancedvapesupply also has a lot of stainless. as does wireandstuff.co.uk also i've seen people selling it on ebay and amazon as well

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
advancedvapesupply also has a lot of stainless. as does wireandstuff.co.uk also i've seen people selling it on ebay and amazon as well
I'd like to get it in a kit. One 100ft roll of SS cost me 5 bones.

I'm still baffled my local shop offers kanthal at one dollar a foot. Such a huge rip off.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I'd like to get it in a kit. One 100ft roll of SS cost me 5 bones.

I'd suggest to look at which gauges you actually plan on using. Lots of time you might buy a kit and not use half the stuff in it
Like that kit for instance and my taste i would only use the 26 or 28. maybe some 24 if desperate. IMO anything lower then 25 is too big and anything higher then 28 is too small. Unless you plan on making claptons but even then you'd only use 2 different gauges. most likely 26 for the core and 32 or 34 for the wrap

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for posting that up there
I think the 26g SS works but I see it takes more wraps with 316, then with kanthal A1. So I think I should order a spool of kanthal too. Or should I grab a 28g spook of the 316l SS and Call it good? I have a few RDAs now and want to different builds on them but let's say I want to build on a RDA that is 1.8ohms that's 31 wraps with SS wire ahahaha. Kanthal is 21 wraps. Now this is at 1.5mm diameters. If I go larger to 3mm now we're at 12.9 wraps with kanthal where SS it's at 25.4 wraps. So this is so damn confusing on what to buy. Right now I have a coil master jig in front of me and a spool of 316L SS 26g what should I make that is going to give me some good clouds but not kill battery.... (albeit that's like asking to breath under water lol). Building is fun fun fun but so many factors into the coils AND style of wicking!

VU Sponsors