Keanu Reeves Has Only Asked 2 People for Autographs, and One Wrote 'F**k You'

Status
Not open for further replies.

VUBot

Staff member
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Keanu Reeves has revealed he's only ever asked two people for an autograph, and that he received a four-letter response off the back of one of those requests.

As a high-profile actor, who is often dubbed the nicest man in Hollywood, Reeves is certainly no stranger to signing his name on a fan-clenched piece of paper but he recently revealed that he's only ever asked two people for an autograph personally — one being George Carlin, his Bill & Ted co-star, and the other being Lou Reed from The Velvet Underground.

Reeves shared more about his encounters with the two celebrities during a quickfire quiz on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert. He admitted he acquired Reed's autograph for a friend, and that the musician kept it simple by scribbling his signature on a piece of paper without any additional message or sign-off. However, his other paper keepsake was quite different.

"I asked for another. George Carlin. Yeah, he gave me an autograph… It was really funny; he wrote, I think it was, 'Dear Keanu, F**k you!'" Reeves said with a smile, reflecting back on the comedian's personal note. "I always thought he just wrote that for me, and then I met someone else who said that he wrote the same thing to them! Anyway, beautiful."

While Reeves clearly appreciated Carlin's humorous approach to signing such a memento, we're pretty sure that the John Wick star will be sticking to writing his moniker on all future autographs, though that could have ended up looking quite different as he almost went by an entirely different name because 'Keanu' was intially considered "a little too exotic."

Having kept hold of his name, Reeves made his feature film debut in 1986's Youngblood, just three years prior to his breakthrough role in Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure in which he starred alongside Carlin — who played the titular duo's time-travelling mentor in the movie. Since then, Reeves has starred in hit franchises like The Matrix and John Wick.

Reeves will return once again as the legendary hitman John Wick in the fourth film of the hyper-violent gun-fu franchise, which was recently pushed back by almost a year from its planned May 2022 release date. The film, which will reportedly be named John Wick Chapter 4: Hagakure, will now debut in theaters on March 24, 2023.

Adele Ankers-Range is a freelance writer for IGN. Follow her on Twitter.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors