Ken Jennings and Mayim Bialik Will Keep Hosting Jeopardy for the Next Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

VUBot

Staff member
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Jeopardy co-hosts Ken Jennings and Mayim Bialik will continue to host the popular gameshow for the rest of its 38th season.

Both Jennings and Bialik began hosting Jeopardy back in September when the pair were announced as guest hosts.

“We are delighted to let you know our excellent and experienced team in front of and behind the camera will continue into 2022,” said the show via Twitter. “@missmayim and @kenjennings will share hosting duties through the end of [HASH=9783]#jeopardy[/HASH]! Season 38, and Michael Davies will remain as executive producer.”

“We’re so pleased to have such an excellent and experienced team in front of and behind the camera as we head into 2022!” said Sony Pictures Television in an official statement.

Despite a brief stint with host Mike Richards, both Jennings and Bialik have now returned.

“Mayim Bialik and Ken Jennings are outstanding hosts, and above that, outstanding people,” said executive producer, Michael Davies. “I appreciate all the support we receive from everyone at Sony Pictures Television […], the team at CBS Media Ventures and all of the stations around the country who broadcast and promote our show.”

Former Jeopardy host Mike Richards was fired after just 9 days due to claims of offensive and sexist comments made during his time on the Randumb Show podcast.

Bialik has previously said that she would love to stay on as Jeopardy host:

“Yes, I want to host Jeopardy! full-time,” she said in an interview (via USA Today). “It is a dream job," she added. “There's no other job I would rather have. I love my sitcom work, I do. I love all the other things I do. I love the podcast. But I absolutely have never had a better job.”

The search for a long-term Jeopardy host has been rather rocky since the death of former host Alex Trebeck in November 2020. However, the series has used several guests hosts, such as Aaron Rogers, Joe Buck and fan-favourite, LeVar Burton.

Jeopardy will continue its 38th season, airing new episodes until July 29, 2022.

Ryan Leston is an entertainment journalist and film critic for IGN. You can follow him on Twitter.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors