Become a Patron!

Solution: When new mech mod threads need assistance

Serena25330

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I recently bought what might very well be the last Vindicator mod for sale at evcigarettes.com. It's a copper mod with Constant Contact switch. Problem is I can't seem to screw down the atomizer flush to the mod. Of course I unscrewex the firing button / housing but still, the atomizer won't screw all the way down!

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am stumped as far as troubleshooting. I reached a point where even if I attempted to force the RDA to screw on, it won't! I have also tried other rda's, all with the same results.

Feedback? Suggestions? Solutions? Any answers are greatly appreciated! Im posting some pics to better describe the situation. Thanks in advance!
Screenshot_20211002-065133_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20211002-065215_Gallery.jpg

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
Does it screw down flush without a battery in it? If not then it sounds like it's a problem with the threads on the mod.

Sent from a Galaxy far far away

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
First… remove the battery.

Next, look at the threads on top of the mod, shouldn’t have anything but a complete threaded look

Then screw on an atomizer… if mod thread are obstruction clear, all RDAs will screw down with little to no effort. If it takes some effort then the threads are goobered for whatever reason.

If said RDA(s) screw all the way down, inspect your batteries you attempted to seat the RDA previously… make sure the positive is not dented or concave now… if they are… recycle them, but do not use them.

Next insert said battery positive up, screw in said switch til it snugs… and fire away.

Report back to us

Sent from my iPhone 12 Pro Max using Tapatalk

Serena25330

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
First… remove the battery.

Next, look at the threads on top of the mod, shouldn’t have anything but a complete threaded look

Then screw on an atomizer… if mod thread are obstruction clear, all RDAs will screw down with little to no effort. If it takes some effort then the threads are goobered for whatever reason.

If said RDA(s) screw all the way down, inspect your batteries you attempted to seat the RDA previously… make sure the positive is not dented or concave now… if they are… recycle them, but do not use them.

Next insert said battery positive up, screw in said switch til it snugs… and fire away.

Report back to us

Sent from my iPhone 12 Pro Max using Tapatalk
It must be goobered which sucks. The good news is the bad news - purchased new from reputable company, bad news is it’s the LAST one.
I have reached out to the vendor but seeing that it’s weekend I don’t expect a response from them right away

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If you look at the screw threads under magnification and you can't see anything wrong, just use more force. My Vindicator LE Cobblestones had this same exact problem. Steve Kennedy is still in business... just a different kind of business... check out https://www.themachinist.com if you don't know what it means.

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
That is a beautiful mod I shurely hope you get it worked out. Please keep us posted.

Serena25330

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I heard back from e-cigarettes (where I purchased the mod). I answered some basic questions and went through a few troubleshooting steps - ultimately they've asked me to send jpegs in a reply to an email they're supposed to have sent... I will take another look now.

Thanks for the compliment and most of all, thanks for the answers - this community is a wonderful resource on so many levels!

I have another related issue for you to ponder, will add it to this thread later today...thanks again to everyone who contributed. PS the staff at avcigarettes said NOT to force the RDA onto vindicator, which I was very tempted to do....

I'll keep u posted

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Or you could go to the hardware store and purchase the correct size tap and run it through the threads
Forcing in the stainless steel 510 of a stainless steel build deck produces the same exact end result.
P.S., they (Kennedy Enterprises) used the correct size tap during the manufacturing process, but they used it before the mod had cooled sufficiently back down again. Metal shrinks when it cools down so it continued to shrink after they used the tap... the intense heat comes from all the friction that occurs during the machining, and, the interior of the mod stays the hottest for longest because they use a cylinder-shaped solid block of metal to make the mod, not a tube that already is hollow. So, the process of making it hollow is what caused it to be so hot on the inside that the part of the 510 that is nearest to the inside continued to shrink a little bit further, but not so much that this poses a problem when you force the RDA on. That's what I did with my authentic Kennedy Vindicator 21 Limited Edition "Cobblestones" at the time when I experienced this same exact problem with it and my matte black Asgard Mini RDA that I wanted to put on it.

Here it is with the button and the RDA of my (also authentic) copper cerakoted blood splatter Kennedy Vindicator 21 setup:

cobblestones.jpg

Last edited:

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
“Forcing a SS 510 gives the same result”?
Maybe for you. But a reminder to self....
Don’t let @Carambrda work on any of my vehicles!
Please stop... I've only been back from the hospital for 6 days. If you keep making me laugh like this, I am afraid that I might die! :facepalm:

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Just out of the hospital?
Nothing serious I hope!
A litle over 4 months ago I landed on ICU via the emergency department and was told I have a severely damaged liver. Blood examinations and a biopsy report indicate that it is impossible to know what's caused this, as I had been keeping my alcohol consumption very low, I don't have much overweight, there's also no sign of a viral infection like Hepatitis or anything, and I haven't been a diabetic for so long that diabetes (type 2) could qualify as a possible explanation either, so the final conclusion they gave me is "unknown toxicants". I'm receiving regular treatments each one of which requires me to stay hospitalized for 2 days. The only good news so far is there haven't been any complications. Of course they put me on the type of diet that's even stricter than the one for diabetes, but I'll survive or if I don't, then someone is gonna inherit a fuck ton of high-end-and-exclusive mechs... 🚛

Serena25330

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A litle over 4 months ago I landed on ICU via the emergency department and was told I have a severely damaged liver. Blood examinations and a biopsy report indicate that it is impossible to know what's caused this, as I had been keeping my alcohol consumption very low, I don't have much overweight, there's also no sign of a viral infection like Hepatitis or anything, and I haven't been a diabetic for so long that diabetes (type 2) could qualify as a possible explanation either, so the final conclusion they gave me is "unknown toxicants". I'm receiving regular treatments each one of which requires me to stay hospitalized for 2 days. The only good news so far is there haven't been any complications. Of course they put me on the type of diet that's even stricter than the one for diabetes, but I'll survive or if I don't, then someone is gonna inherit a fuck ton of high-end-and-exclusive mechs... 🚛
You overcame type 2 diabetes - u can overcome damned near any ailment

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Well good luck to you!

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You overcame type 2 diabetes - u can overcome damned near any ailment
I didn't say I overcame it, though. I'll probably have to continue the diet and take medication for it the rest of my life. Diabetes type 2 is one of those things that can happen even to those who don't have an excessively unhealthy diet (like being addicted to sugar or whatever) and who don't have a lot of overweight. For example, it can be triggered as a side effect by certain types of medicinal treatment, which is among possible explanations why it [diabetes type 2] happened to me.

Serena25330

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Type 2 diabetes terrifies me....(and recently been gorging on sugars and unhealthy diet) but i digress...

I finally went to Ace hardware bought a tap and tap wrench (wasnt sure which size i needed so purchased TWO taps0. Went home and wrote one last, succinct email to the place where I ordered it and notified them that I bought said taps...

Mr Carlos replied that yes, in fact, he had confirmation that the technique described here in this thread - one I refer to as (nevermind it sounds like an expletive) - he said to force the atty onto the mod. which I did. And it worked. Looks and works great!
I will shoot ya'll a pic later today.
Enjoy the weekend and thanks for the feedback!

VU Sponsors