Become a Patron!

Key Lime Cookies/Revised

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is one my son can't seem to live without(he loves the Koolada version). Oh yeah, me too.
Key Lime(TFA)8%
Cookie(FA)3%
Meringue(FA).5%
Coconut(FA).5%
Anise(FA) .25%
Anise is a revised added flavor(9/24/15). You can still play with the flavors additions below, but personally I'm enjoying this as is with Anise.(Thanks for the tip Shaner)
For a Kooler cookie add 1 drop Koolada per 10ml(anything above this amount will steep in weird)
2mg-30PG/70VG
I'm currently playing around using FA peppermint and FA Spearmint in place of Koolada. So far I've them @.5% each but it was too much. Even so I couldn't seem to stop vaping it. My next attempt will be .25% of each. I'm trying to get that "cool" powdered sugar effect(if you ever had a real Key Lime Cookie you know what I'm talking about) and it seems the Peppermint & Spearmint are on the right track.
I hope you like it.

Revised Version:
After countless attempts after posting what I "thought" was good, this is what I'm sticking with.(Until I screw with it some more in the future.)(See dealer for details):teehee:
Key Lime(TFA) 4%
Biscuit(INW) 2%
Marzipan(FA) 2%
Cool Mint(CAP) .5-1%(Depends how cool you like it)
Vanilla Classic(FA) .5%
Give it a week to steep, the cookie will come through and the mint will calm down.
You will get a mellow key lime coolness on the inhale and the cookie part will linger after exhale.

Last edited:

Budds

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm trying to get that "cool" powdered sugar effect(if you ever had a real Key Lime Cookie you know what I'm talking about) and it seems the Peppermint & Spearmint are on the right track.

Maybe Caps Cool Mint and FA Marzipan ?

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Your killin me Squonk lol. I have everything but the Key lime tfa. I do have fa lime cold pressed on it's way. Looks like a goodie to me.

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Your killin me Squonk lol. I have everything but the Key lime tfa. I do have fa lime cold pressed on it's way. Looks like a goodie to me.
I don't have FAs limes yet. But I bet it will work great. I down to about 15mls of TFA Key Lime and will be trying FAs as my next lime. I'd check some of HICs lime notes.

Budds

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
98 Harley DynaGlide 1340

Sorry on the Marzipan..... might be the thing for the powdered sugar effect.
Good Luck !
:)

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
98 Harley DynaGlide 1340

Good Luck !
Really nice ride. Please don't hate me because I ride a Honda. She's my only ride. Ecigexpress doesn't carry Marzipan and BCV is always out when I'm putting an order together. I really want marzipan!

Donovan (ECX Flavor Lab)

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Really nice ride. Please don't hate me because I ride a Honda. She's my only ride. Ecigexpress doesn't carry Marzipan and BCV is always out when I'm putting an order together. I really want marzipan!

Hey there!

Keep your eyes peeled for Marzipan on our website. We'll be re-adding the flavor very soon :)

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey there!

Keep your eyes peeled for Marzipan on our website. We'll be re-adding the flavor very soon :)
I did a live chat with you guys the other day regarding Marzipan and was told you guys would push to carry it. I really like dealing with you. I get the El Cheapo shipping and still get my order from WA state to my door in FL. in 3 days. I think USPS in WA must fly it directly to West Palm. Soooo.... I got my eyes on your site.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Really sounds yummy! Might give it a try. Thanks for sharing!

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Really sounds yummy! Might give it a try. Thanks for sharing!
I'm just finishing off the Spearmint and Peppermint version and it steeped in too strong so I just made a batch with just .5% spearmint only. I guess we'll see where that goes. I can't wait to get my hands on some FA Marzipan for a different version or to make those powered sugar coated almond/nut cookie balls like my Nonna and Aunts used to make when I was a kid. I wish I knew what they were called so I could look it up and see the recipe for the food version.

Edit: Hold your horses I just found it. They're called Italian Wedding Cookies.
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/italian-wedding-cookies-iii/?mxt=t06dda

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey squonk u should maybe try adding 0.5% fa meringue it just might be the trick to adding that powdered sugar note
I did in the original recipe. That's exactly why I did. What I'm going for is that cool essence that you get when eating the real cookie.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I did in the original recipe. That's exactly why I did. What I'm going for is that cool essence that you get when eating the real cookie.
Would FA Menthol, or a tad of FA Joy, or both work for the cool?

Shaner

Member For 4 Years
What I'm going for is that cool essence that you get when eating the real cookie.

A long long long time ago in another forum HIC wrote that he would use a tiny bit (0.25-0.5%) of FA Anise for that cool powdered-sugar coolness, and that it gives immediate sweetness on the tongue. He also wrote that it goes great with Lemon and other citrus.

Might be exactly what you're looking for.

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A long long long time ago in another forum HIC wrote that he would use a tiny bit (0.25-0.5%) of FA Anise for that cool powdered-sugar coolness, and that it gives immediate sweetness on the tongue. He also wrote that it goes great with Lemon and other citrus.

Thanks Shaner. I think that just might be what I'm looking for. As a matter of fact I'm vaping on HIC's Italian Christmas Cookies right now and see how Anise might do the trick. I think I'll mix up a tester today.

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I mixed up another tester and added .25% Anise and really like what it brings. In fact I am going to use this as my standard recipe. Thanks again Shaner! (I Will edit my original recipe)

Shaner

Member For 4 Years
I'm glad to hear it worked out for ya! But, the credit goes to HIC for all of his great flavor notes ... I'm just passing on what I read :)

The recipe looks great and I will have to mix up a bottle this weekend. Thanks for sharing it.

turp

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I don't have anise. Can I make it without it?

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks to you @Squonk!
I took your recipe and created my own (all FA) version. Therefore, I will share it as well. Thanks to @HeadInClouds notes, I created the key lime effect by combining the two FA Lime flavors. In addition, I added FA Torrone for some added Almond and Honey flavor. I used 85VG/15PG with VT's Nicotine.

Anise (FA) 0.15%
Apple Pie (FA) 0.5%
Coconut (FA) 0.5%
Cookie (FA) 2.5%
Joy (FA) 2%
Lime Tahity Cold Pressed (FA) 1.5%
Lime Tahity Distilled (FA) 1%
Meringue (FA) 0.5%
Torrone (FA) 0.5%

Last edited:

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I made the liquid yesterday, early evening, and just gave it a try. It has a real nice flavor, with a hint of Key Lime, both mainly on the exhale. I might bump up the Lime Cold Pressed by 0.5%.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
My revised recipe (needs to steep at least 24hours):

Almond (FA) 1%
Anise (FA) 0.2%
Apple Pie (FA) 0.5%
Coconut (FA) 0.75%
Cookie (FA) 3%
Joy (FA) 2%
Lime Tahity Cold Pressed (FA) 2%
Lime Tahity Distilled (FA) 1.75%
Meringue (FA) 0.75%
Torrone (FA) 0.75%

KittyVapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
So how did this one turn out? I have been looking for a key lime cookie recipe so yours interested me.

HeavyHauler

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
98 Harley DynaGlide 1340

Good Luck !

Another Harley rider here.

1985 Harley FXRS & 2006 Harley Sportster 883 (the sportster was my little brother's, I got it when he was killed in 2012; I'm going to give it to my son to ride, when he is old and responsible enough; he's two right now). My brother bought his bike a few months before he was killed, he wanted to ride with me; so that's why he got one. I never knew that, until he's friend's told me.

Nothin' better than having the engine rumblin' underneath yah.

Ride on, brothers! @Budds , @Squonk , @Steevster

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Another Harley rider here.

1985 Harley FXRS & 2006 Harley Sportster 883 (the sportster was my little brother's, I got it when he was killed in 2012; I'm going to give it to my son to ride, when he is old and responsible enough; he's two right now). My brother bought his bike a few months before he was killed, he wanted to ride with me; so that's why he got one. I never knew that, until he's friend's told me.

Nothin' better than having the engine rumblin' underneath yah.

Ride on, brothers! @Budds , @Squonk , @Steevster
I'm so sorry to hear about your little brother.
You are absolutely correct, there's nothing like the feeling of riding. My bike is my ride everywhere, every day and I couldn't imagine life without it. I bet you can scrape some pegs on the 883.;)

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Revised Version(Added to OP)
After countless attempts after posting what I "thought" was good, this is what I'm sticking with.(Until I screw with it some more in the future.)(See dealer for details):teehee:
Key Lime(TFA) 4%
Biscuit(INW) 2%
Marzipan(FA) 2%
Cool Mint(CAP) .5-1%(Depends how cool you like it)
Vanilla Classic(FA) .5%
Give it a week to steep, the cookie will come through and the mint will calm down.
You will get a mellow key lime coolness on the inhale and the cookie part will linger after exhale.

VU Sponsors