Kick 2, opinions and how well it works on a REO

NightOwl

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I had 2 Variable Voltage REOs, the chip died in one and the other one I know is about to go as well. The first dead one I had converted to an Xtra tall Grand with the new connections and a juice well haircut (LP profile for big attys). It uses an adapter to get a 18650 battery (rather than 2 18350s) to work that can be replaced with a Kick.

I am considering getting a kick2 for it so I have one variable voltage mod in my arsenal if my working one dies. I find it useful for testing new RBAs, juice, etc and for general safety.

Anyone regularly using a kick2 in any mechanical? What do you think?

Anyone using one in a Xrtra tall Grand? How does it compare to the chip in the original VV Grand?

Should I just wait until the Kick 3 comes out since it will most likely have a higher watt max?

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've used a Kick 2 in my mechs with Gennie tanks. It's ok, but limited to 15 watts max. The kick 3? I guess we will wait and see...

NightOwl

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've used a Kick 2 in my mechs with Gennie tanks. It's ok, but limited to 15 watts max. The kick 3? I guess we will wait and see...

I watched a video about the DNA40 that hinted about a portable with higher watt max under development. 30ish would be nice.

I'll see if I can find it.

I'll start paying more attention to how many watts I'm using and wait until at least the other VV Grand chip self destructs. I've just started experimenting with subohm builds. The Xtra Tall Grand is screaming for a Kick to justify its existence, so I am on the fence whether I 'need' one.

How often do you use yours?

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Only when I use my gennie tanks, otherwise it not of real use to the coils and builds I use now. My wife uses it a lot in her Nemesis clone with a Kayfun at 1.5 Ohms.

NightOwl

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Here's the video where they talk about a less expensive 25W temperature control model and mention Kicks right after, so I am sort of reading between the lines. The discussion is just after 54:30

The video is from the fall of 2014, so maybe something will come out soon.

VU Sponsors