Become a Patron!

Kicked out of Patina Mods Today

what do you use to rinse your after finishing your patina?

• Total voters

Trioxin

Member For 4 Years
For disagreeing with an aggressive ass hat putting down other members for using water to rinse their mods. C'mon Tiny, does that seem like an offense worthy of kicking someone out of the group? I didn't even use any foul language, and I've got the patinas to back up my claims of water works just fine.

VaporJoe

_ the end has arrived _
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon

Ace

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You forgot to include urine in the pole.
hmm. Not sure that is how i should have said that.
i meant poll. That's the problem!

Scuba-Matt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Tiny sounds like a self appointed expert and ego maniac, What does it matter what you rinse your mod with as long as all the caustic chemicals are washed off before putting a clear coat on it.
I would ask Tiny his background in patina finishes, and how long he's been working with metal and what types, chemicals and finishes.
The Shop a few down from ours does some serious patina on all types of things. The guy is 75 years old and been doing it his whole life. I'll ask him what he would use to rinse a ammonia and salt solution with.

Trioxin

Member For 4 Years
I actually don't know if it was Tiny who banned me, there are three moderators of the group. I'm just blaming her since she's the most prolific and the one who's less likely to beat me up. But anyway, I'm a firm believe that if your patina is going to wash off with water, its probably best to re do your patina. Plus, acetone mainly is water, so there's also that. I'm thinking the main benefit is that you are more likely to be gentle when using acetone as opposed to tap water. Either way, who really cares, the dude shouldn't have been an ass hat to the other members that weren't doing it his way.

Scuba-Matt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Here is what Mr. Frank had to say (the 75 year old guy) He would dip the object in deionized water first then rinse & wash it in distilled water. He didn't even know what angel tears were. This guy has been doing patinas on metals for over 50 years. I guess the mods over at patinaville need to get their shit together.

Trioxin

Member For 4 Years
Here is what Mr. Frank had to say (the 75 year old guy) He would dip the object in deionized water first then rinse & wash it in distilled water. He didn't even know what angel tears were. This guy has been doing patinas on metals for over 50 years. I guess the mods over at patinaville need to get their shit together.
That is really cool Matt. Thank you for asking. Did you take any pics of his work? Angel tears are acquired from making angels cry. I've got buckets full and nothing better to do with them.

VU Sponsors