Become a Patron!

Kicking the stink sticks

KingMat8787

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey stumbled across this site by chance...thought I'd join up and talk with others who have made the transition before. Pack plus a day smoker here ready to make the full time switch. I've used the cheap 20$ starter vapes and they have worked for a bit then I end up back on the sticks. My new setup will be here in a day or so and then (fingers crossed) I can finally get on with my life without stinking and standing outside. Looking foward to it.
Peace

raqball

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
What do you have on the way?

Stick with it, even if you smoke a stinky every now and then.. After a while the urge for a smoke will disappear..

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hello and Welcome! What's your new setup?

KingMat8787

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I ordered the innokin itaste 3.0 pro with the isub G sub ohm tank..matter of fact just got the shipping notice

joey55

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hi and welcome to the vaping community. Look at some of the juices to help get off analogs. WTA's help me (whole tobacco alkaloids) some folks use NET's (naturally extracted tobacco) GOOD LUCK!!

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Welcome KingMat - lots of us here are fighting the analog addiction - for me it is getting easier everyday .. btw that innokin set up looks good .. do let us know how you like it.

Last edited:

Kent B Marshall

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hello
Hope you find the vape that works for you.

KingMat8787

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Vape is in hand...here we go people...I guess I'm officially a vaper now. Not gonna miss the stink sticks

Kent B Marshall

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Good to hear
Half my battle was won because of my desire to quit smoking

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Welcome ! Enjoy the new gear! Make SURE you don't have any ciggs around. Early on if you have them you WILL smoke them! If all you have is the vape.....then that's all you can do!

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
And a belated welcome and best wishes from me in your effort to be free of the Stinkies!

By the way, when you are first making the transition, it is OK to cheat now and then so don't feel bad if at first you need to have an analog to keep from crawling up the walls!

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good Point UncleRj. Sometimes it's up and down also till you completely quit. So never beat yourself up if you have a little slip.

KingMat8787

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yea I smoked my last analog as I was checking the mail to get my vape..it went something similar the the half-baked scene on the bridge with the joint..Thanks for all the well wishes people..

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good Luck Kingmat - remember it's the destination that is the important part .. the travel there may be quicker or slower, better or worse .. but the goal is to get there !

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Yea I smoked my last analog as I was checking the mail to get my vape..it went something similar the the half-baked scene on the bridge with the joint..Thanks for all the well wishes people..

I hope you are hanging in, KingMat.. if you can last the first 3 days.. you have the stinkies beat!!
glad you joined, and hope to see you around VU!! :D

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Good luck KingMat and welcome to VU. You will find in time, the urge is completely gone and you will love vaping far better than any cig ever. At least that was my experience. I then found myself grabbing my vape over my cig when I needed a hit. For me the transition was so easy that I dont even remember the day I had my last one. For us former smokers, the quit day usually was embedded into our heads. I just simply realized one day that I hadnt smoked in a while and I was all about vaping from then on. The key is the right setup, the right flavoring of juices and proper nic level. If any of those are not to your liking, it makes it tougher. Dont get discouraged if something isnt going right. There are countless members on VU that can offer suggestions and most vape shops can let you try things before you buy. Having the right tools makes any job easier my friend. Good luck and welcome to the vaping community.
Vape Proud, Vape Strong and Vape Safe.....

Last edited:

KingMat8787

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It's been about 24 hours no cigarettes and I haven't bludgeoned anyone to death.. I picked up a cookies and cream flavor and a vanilla tobacco flavor from my local B&M and went with 12mg of nic and it's definitely doing the trick..I figured driving would be where I wanted a analog cause I always kept one lit at the wheel bit it wasn't bad dispite the fact that my commute was 3x longer than normal with all the traffic..tonite will be the real test when I start drinking cause that's usually when I chain smoke..so we will see..
In other news I'm impressed with the battery on the mvp3.0 It's been attached to my mouth all day and I only used 1 of 7 notches of the battery (puff counter is at 400)...nice to know this thing isn't going to leave me high and dry in the middle of my work day
Rambling over...
HAPPY 3 DAY WEEKEND
PEACE

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Your doing great. Just keep your gear ready and close to you and you will kick those stinkers in no time. Tonight when your drinking make sure your mod is fresh and ready and with you. I bet you will do great. It's not a crime to have one here or there. Just remember it is. The key is getting back to as soon as you can. We all stumbled too

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 Dumbphone

CurlyMerkin

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I was the same way...Started with a gas station ciga-like and it naturally escalated over time. found Iwas smoking less and less. E juice is less expensive (Unless you are like me....TOP SHELF ALL THE WAY) and last longer than a pack of smokes. You'll soon see that myriad of different flavors out there that just plain tastes F'in' GOOD!!
Vape Long, Vape Strong & Go In Peace!!

That look.jpg

KingMat8787

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm loving this mvp 3.0 pro and my isub G tank...not even missing the old analogs..found some delicious juice flavors and it's working like a dream...just an update...Peace & Vape On people

VU Sponsors