Become a Patron!

Kumiho Thoth S - Review By Ben28

Ben28

Member For 1 Year

Kumiho Thoth S
Kumiho has just released a new POD type device, the Kumiho Thoth S. In this case we could say that it is an improved version of the Thoth T, as it implements a screen with various information, has been created a little lighter and also still maintains that spinner we talked about in his day.

I would like to thank Sue from Healthcabin for making this review possible. You can visit their website and learn more about the Thoth S.

Key Features;
1. 1000mAh built-in battery.
2. 5-35W output wattage.
3. 0.42 inch OLED screen.
4. THOTH series pod cartridge & coils compatible.
5. Precise airflow control.
6. Multi-function button: Power on/off, adjustable wattage, lock/unlock, puff clear.
7. Dual activation modes: button fire or auto draw.
8. Fidget spinner for fun

Packaging
ReLens_IMG_20240915173207.jpg
The product comes in a rectangular box with a window that allows us to see the device without even opening the box. At the top we are shown some branding, specifically of the Kumiho brand, which I really like to include an animal in its typography. On the other side we are shown the product model, Thoth S. Finally we are given a glimpse of the product features, among which are the 35W Max, 1000mAh, Airflow Control...

ReLens_IMG_20240915173217.jpg
On the back we still find some branding in the upper area. Below are some product specifications. Right next to it we are shown all the contents of the box. Finally we find some warnings, some contact addresses, a barcode indicating also the color and a scratch-off to verify that the product is not counterfeit.

In the box;
1* Thoth S Device
1* Thoth Series 0.6ohm Mesh Pod
1* User Manual

One thing I still don't understand about the brands is the fact that only one pod is included. I still think the best way to attract a customer is to include two pods of different ohm so they can have different experiences and know more or less which one to buy when they run out.

Device Inspection
ReLens_IMG_20240915173230.jpg
As you can see, the general shape of the product has not changed, it is still square although they have rounded the edges and have removed several millimeters of width, thus removing the previous retro radius design.

At the top right we find the operating button, which is made of some kind of rubber but still has a very good feel and does not even click. On the other hand we could talk about its functions;

- 3 clicks to enter the wattage change mode. Here we can increase or decrease the wattage in ranges of 1W, as the coil allows.
- 5 Clicks, we will accede to a menu where we will be able to turn off the device, to block the drive button or to reset the puff counter.

Finally we find the spinner, which as I said in the previous one, it seems to me that it could not be but still brings out my inner child.

In terms of decoration I like it a lot, they have added the detail of the 002 being the improved version of the 001. In materials it looks just as solid as the previous version, all created in Zinc Alloy except for the actuator button and obviously the cartridges.

ReLens_IMG_20240915173236.jpg

In one of the sides we will find the air inlet and regulation. This is composed of three holes that decrease in size little by little. The upper one would be the largest and the lower one the smallest. As for the hardness of the regulation, it is very well adjusted and after using it a lot I have noticed that neither in the pocket nor unintentionally changed.

As for the sensation of the air intake, I can say that it is well designed to offer a RDL or MTL experience if we close it.

ReLens_IMG_20240915173241.jpg

On the other side is the charging port. This is intended to charge the device at 5V/1.2A.

On the other side, on this side we find the lanyard attachment, which is perfect for carrying it around when we go out for a drink, run some errands or any other similar task.

ReLens_IMG_20240915173302.jpg

Finally, we will talk about the cartridges. Specifically, we find the low ohm ones (0.6, 0.8 and 1.0) with a tint. However, the 1.2Ω cartridge is transparent. They accept a total of 3mL through the lower liquid inlet which, as you can see, is as simple as removing the silicone flap and filling with liquid. Finally, as usual, they are connected to the body by magnets, which are rigid and strong enough to prevent the pod from wobbling.

Vaping Time
Before we get started, let's briefly talk about the hand feel, battery and overall performance.

As for the battery, I must say that it's pretty good. Let's keep in mind that this device carries a 1000mAh battery. It lasted me perfectly one day, I emphasize that it was not with the higher power pods.

As for the feel in hand, its materials in combination with its shape make it very comfortable. The weight itself, as I mentioned before, gives us the feeling that it is a durable and quality device.

As for its overall performance, I found it to be very good. Virtually all the pods have very good flavor and produce good vapor. Last but not least, I will give my conclusions about the coils. I have to say that I have not found anything about the power of each coil, so let's assume, as usual and logical, that the lower the Ω, the higher the power.

0.6Ω; This coil has been my favorite. Together with the airflow open to the maximum, it gives us a RDL puff full of flavor. The folks at Kumiho have worked quite well and focused on flavor production, which I admire. Little else I have to say about this coil, it is quite balanced in terms of vapor and flavor.

0.8Ω; This coil has very few differences from the previous one. I would simply combine it with a somewhat more closed airflow. The good thing about it is that by requiring less power, it will use less battery.

1.0Ω; We are approaching MTL vaping. I advise you to close the air inlet quite a bit to obtain the best results with this coil. Although I used it with freebase, I think it would be quite suitable for nicotine salts. The little power it uses will make the battery last a full day more than enough.

1.2Ω; This is the definitive coil for nicotine salts, although I emphasize, I did not use it with salts, but I think its purpose is close to that use. It is a coil with a very very close draft, thus achieving a perfect MTL.

In terms of flavor, they are all more or less balanced, there is no one that stands out above the other, it is simply a matter of preferences and tastes when vaping.

Conclusion
In a nutshell, this POD device is clearly focused on MTL vaping, however, it is capable of offering a pleasant RDL. What's the downside? Well, it only comes with one cartridge, which I do not like at all because I am always in favor of including at least two in the content. For the rest, little I can say, it is simply a well built device with very good performance, portable, beautiful, and with a beautiful design.

VU Sponsors